2• Damon and A Comet

The kiss quickly turned heated as we stumbled our way into the bedroom as clothing became our own bread trail. I was pulled into his lap as I deepened the kiss before letting my flannel fall from my shoulders and soon discarded on to the floor. I was pulled closer to the man as he gently bit my lip before trailing kisses along my jaw and down my neck. I panted while closing my eyes to fully enjoy the moment, but was thrown off guard when a ringing sound began to ring out. The person pulled away, but I did not have time to see who it was....

*Ring*

"Callie come on! You're going to be late" I heard my mom yell as I woke up with a groan. Not only was I hot and bothered, but I was also going to be late for school. I quickly changed into a white long sleeve shirt, a maroon skirt, and put on my black booties. I quickly did some light make up and left my hair down, so I could get going to school. My mom dropped me off not much later saying that I would have to see if Stefan could ride me home after school. I went to my locker and began to change out my books for the ones I needed when Stefan came over to me.

"Hey are you okay?"

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be"

"I couldn't find you after the chaos of last night and was worried" Stefan explained causing me to give him a soft smile.

"I'm perfectly fine, thank you" I assured him before we headed to class. We were in history when the vice principle came in and whispered something to Tanner.

"Miss. Jackson, gather your things and please head to the office" Tanner comments causing to frown while doing as I was told. I gathered my things and went into the hall where the vice principle was waiting for me. He explained to me that there was a family emergency and that my mom was on her way to come pick me up. I nervously waited for my mom to show up while ignoring the constant buzz of my phone.

"What happened" I asked my mom once she picked me up.

"Your dad was in an accident, at least that is what I was told... We are going to go see him now" she explains while driving. It was not long until we were at the hospital and inside looking for my dad's room. I held my breath as I walked in to see my dad lying almost lifeless in his hospital bed, hooked up to multiple machines including life support. I walked over and gently grabbed his hand and gave it a tiny squeeze as I looked him over.

"It was an animal attack.... I'll leave you alone" The nurse says before walking out of the room.

"T-this wasn't an animal attack..... this was a freaking vampire that attacked him" I pointed out turning to my mom in tears.

"How do you know?"

"For starters, there is a vampire bite on his neck a-and he's hurt" I said trying my best not to cry. I kept my dad's hand in mine as I decided to test to see if I can actually use magic despite my mother's protest. I closed my eyes and focused on trying to find out what happened when images of a blurry figure and my dad rolling around fighting came into my head. The name Katerina kept popping up over and over again before I was suddenly brought back to reality. I opened my eyes and saw my mom's face close to mine.

"What did you do Callie" My mom asked sternly frowning while she scanned my face for any signs of problems.

"Who Katerina" I asked curiously watching her freeze as soon as that name left my mouth.