Prelude

"Did you find her?" Kyohei's tone was clipped, hard.

He glared at his personal butler, Shinabe Akihito. The man was old, somber and wise. He looked impeccable as ever. There was neither a single crease on his monochromatic uniform, nor a lone speck of dirt on his black shoes. His posture was rigid. But, something about his mannerisms bothered him. Something didn't seem right.

"No, Young Master." The reply was quick, too quick for his liking. He was avoiding eye contact. Kyohei's blood boiled, but he controlled his temper.

"You are hiding something from me, Old Man." He gritted his teeth in frustration and anger.

His butler stayed quiet.

"I already told you. I will not harm her. Just bring her to me." The old geezer was testing his patience.

"Young Master, we cannot find her anywhere." His tone was calm.

Damn him!

He wanted to murder someone.

"You saw her. Why did you let her leave?" His loud baritone reverberated in the white room.

"I assure you. I have nothing to do with her disappearance."

More excuses.

"Then, where did she go? Why can't you find her?" He was quickly losing his composure.

The man in question remained tight-lipped.

"Describe her appearance." It wasn't a request.

"She was a foreigner, Young Master." His words sounded low, almost gentle.

"And..." Now, he was utterly confused. Shinabe-san wasn't a merciful soul. He didn't do 'gentle'.

"I didn't pay her any mind. At that time, I was more concerned..." His tone was dispassionate, his stance defensive. He was back to business.

"I STILL do not believe you!" He bellowed. The old coot wasn't fooling him.

"Get me a coloured sketch." He wanted answers. He needed to find her.

"You can compromise your..." His butler went pale.

"I don't care, just find her. At any cost!" He cut the other person off.

The command had been issued. There wasn't any room for error. Shinabe-san had completely lost.

"As you wish, Young Master." He bowed and left.

===