i

this chapter is dedicated to NanaMzn and Maze_newt you guys are so amazing, thank you oml:)

❦❦❦

"Daddy! No!" The eleven year old Artemis cried out. She had her arms outstretched, trying to get a grasp on her father's shirt. ''I don't want you to go! You can't go! I need you with me! Please, stay.'' She was trying her best to swallow back her tears. She wanted to come off as strong as she possibly could be.

Her father raised his head, facing the centaur standing behind Artemis, and he nodded at him. ''You should go. It's not going to be safe for you here much longer.'' He faced his daughter once again, ''now, princess, promise me you'll be careful and look out for yourself. It is of utter most importance that you don't tell anyone about Narnia. It's safest if it is kept secret. Now, my good friend, professor Digory Kirke, will take care of you and keep you safe and well fed. He is the only one who knows about us, about this world. He is the only one you're allowed to talk to about Narnia. Can you do that for me?'' He smiled sadly at her, seeing the broken expression on her face, he pulled her into a tight hug. She buried her face in the crook of his neck, before asking him, ''will I ever come back here, again?'' She slowly pulled out of the hug and looked at him seriously, trying as hard as she could to hide her sadness and pain.

''That is up to fate, my love. I cannot promise you will, but I cannot say you won't, either'' He shook his head slowly. He was hoping he wasn't disappointing her completely. She had lost her mother already, now she was losing her father. The only family she had left. ''Goodbye, my princess. I love you; remember that. I will always be with you, if not physically; here'' He placed his hand over his own heart. Artemis was nodding, before she felt two hands on her side lifting her up and placing her on a horseback. ''No, Oreius! I can't leave him! Why can't he come with me?!'' She tugged at his arm. Oreius looked behind him to face the young girl. ''I'm sorry, Artemis, but I got my orders, now I must follow them. No matter what it takes. I promised your father I'd bring you to safety, so I will.'' He looked in front of him again as he started galloping into a darker part of the woods. Artemis leaned forward and wrapped her arms around Oreius' waist to hold on.

Her head was resting against his back, when he slowed down and eventually stopped at a small clearing.

Her eyes widened when Artemis looked around her. She had never seen this part of the woods before and it looked beautiful. In the middle of the clearing stood a large mirror-like object, though, it didn't exactly look like a mirror, more like a portal. There was a golden frame around it and the inside reminded Artemis of the beautiful oceans they had in Narnia. It looked shiny and as if there were small waves or vibrations going through the middle. ''You need to enter it, then you will be safe. Safe in the other world.'' Artemis didn't know how or what to feel. She didn't know if she was ever coming home. She had friends here, she had her father and even her professor. Artemis ran to Oreius and hugged his waist tightly, ''I'm going to miss you dearly, thank you for always looking out for me.'' She smiled lightly up at him, before he placed his hand on her shoulder and nodded once. ''It was my honor, Artemis, I got a great friend out of it. I will miss you too, but something tells me this isn't the last time our paths cross'' She nodded before slowly stepping over to the mirror-like portal, she looked back over her shoulder. ''May we meet again.'' She whispered, before reaching one hand out in front of her. Her hand disappeared into the portal and she quickly pulled it back, seeing no trace of any of the liquid left. She took one last breath of the fresh Narnian air, before she fully surrendered and stepped into the portal.

Not long after she stepped through, she fell on the green grass of her new home; England. Her father used to tell her all kind of things about this place. Her mother was from England and how she found her way to Narnia on accident. That was when they fell in love and about 12 months after they met, Artemis was born and not long after that, word spread about a human living in Narnia so she had to leave in order to stay out of trouble. She left Narnia and never came back. Only months later, Artemis' father found out that the love of his life had passed away. Of course, he was heartbroken, but that just gave him more reason to teach his daughter how to fight for herself. He soon discovered she had natural talent when it came to shooting arrows, but when they started training with swords, it became harder. Artemis was only a little girl, when she was swinging a sword nearly the same length she was. But, nevertheless, that didn't hold her back from fighting to their goal. And so they started training every morning, that was Artemis' entire youth. Swords and arrows.

Artemis took her time to catch some breath, she didn't dislike the smell of this world, it was just so much different than Narnia's. She looked around her to see where she was supposed to go, when suddenly a large mansion caught her eye. She stood up and ran to it, not wanting to waste any time. While she was running, the thought of her mother crept back into her mind and she was so caught up in her thoughts, she didn't realize how close she was to the front door. There was a hard smack on her face and she was thrown back on the floor, her hand immediately flew up to her nose to see if it was bleeding, ''Oh, by Aslan, what a great way to arrive to a new world''

But that was the past. That was six human years ago.

Now this, this is where her current story begins.