Chapter 61

Turns out Paul was telling the truth, and that was the secondary boy's name. It's been a couple days since we decided the names. I was laying in bed, half asleep, while Paul had Jason, a new wolf, out on another patrol, when my water broke.

"Emily," I yelled.

"She not here yet," Quil said, standing in the door way.

"Go get Paul," I said, freaking out slightly. "Tell him my water broke."

Quil took off running for the front door. Leah came running in, she must've heard what was going on.

"What can I do?" She asked.

"Grab the duffel bag and go throw it in my Jeep," I said, motioning to the bag by the door. "And, you'll be in charge of Grayson. I trust you to actually feed him real food."

"I'll be right back," she said as I heard Paul come running in the house. He made it to our room in record time.

"Baby, your not due for almost a week," he said.

"The doctor said they'd probably come early because of them being twins," I said. He picked me up and carried me out to the Jeep before leaving for the hospital.

"Leah's in charge of Grayson," I said. "You didn't leave her patrols did you?"

"No," he said. "I'll tell Embry. Call your dad." He threw his phone at me as he sped to get to the hospital.

"Dad," I said as he answered the phone at the station.

"What is it, sweetheart?" He asked.

"My water broke. Meet us at the hospital," I said as a contraction hit me.

"Grayson?" He asked.

"With Leah," I said. Paul pulled up to the Emergency entrance and barely got the Jeep into park before he was out of the car and carrying me into the hospital.

"She's in labor," he said to Sue, who had started working as a nurse again. She took care of everything from there.

I'd been in labor for a couple hours when Seth and Jack showed up. They wouldn't let them in the delivery room, thank God.

"Paul," I said, squeezing his hand as another contraction happened. "I'm going to kill you."

"Why?" He asked.

"You did this to me," I hissed, squeezing his hand tighter.

My dad laughed at me as I glared at Paul. "I fucking hate you Paul."

"I can live with that," he said, taking a deep breath as the pain I was in was reciprocated to him.

I was in labor for 13 hours before, at 8:58 pm, on February 22, I gave birth to a little boy.

"It's Wyatt Charles," Paul said, taking joy in the fact that he got to cut the umbilical cord. I sighed in relief before having to push again because the other one was coming.

At 9:12, I gave birth to my beautiful daughter. Samantha Rain Lahote. Paul sat down beside me and held Wyatt while I held Samantha.

A couple days later, Paul and I got to take the twins home. Leah and Embry kept the house standing and the entire pack alive while we were in the hospital.

The nursery was completely set up already, painted an ivory color with two of everything and lots of neutral colors. I insisted on a baby monitor since I lack the supernatural hearing that Paul has.

"We're home," Paul called as we walked into the house. I was carrying Wyatt in his car seat and Paul had Samantha. He still managed to pick Grayson up as he came running up to the door.

"How was it with Aunt Leah?" I asked.

"She is awesome," he said. "We colored and ate mac-n-cheese and watched movies."

"Did she put you to bed on time every night?" Paul asked.

"Yeah," he said.

"Thank you so much, Leah," I said, hugging my step sister.

"Let's see these kids," she said and the pack gathered around as we sat the car seats on the couch and pushed the covers back.

Samantha started crying almost instantly, so I went over and picked her up. Jack came over to offer help since Paul was being super protective over Wyatt. He was protective over both, but since I had Sammy he had Wyatt.

"Hey there, beautiful," I said quietly, causing her to open her eyes.

"Can I hold her?" Jack asked, and I agreed, showing him how to support her head.

"Hi there," he said, softly cooing to her.

"Hey beautiful," I said, cooing to her and causing her to open her eyes. The look on Jack's face meant only one thing. He imprinted on my daughter. Paul must've noticed too.

"What the Hell were you thinking?" He asked, snapping Jack out of his thoughts.

"Paul," I said, taking Samantha back from Jack.

"You know I can't control it," Jack said, backing away from Paul.

"No phasing in my house," I said, shooing them out the back door.

"Colin, tell him I said if he lays a paw on Jack he will sleep on the couch for a week," I said as Colin ran off to help his brother.

About two minutes later, Paul returned along with Jack and Colin. I didn't say anything, but glared at Paul.

"Shit, what'd I do?" He asked, walking over to me, and wrapping his arms around me.

"You know he can't control it," I said, placing Samantha back into her car seat.

"I know," he said. "I'm sorry."

"You're going to have to accept it," I said. "Use it to help him calm down."

"I will," he said.

"Go talk to him," I said, looking at Jack who was now sitting in the corner, curled up in a ball. Paul went and sat beside, talking quietly enough that I didn't hear him.