Depends

I burst awake suddenly sitting up in the processes I felt wet with sweat,shaking hard and gasping. I swallow all the while taking deep breaths trying to get my heart and a shaking body under control. I shift and stand on still shaky legs.

"stupid memories,"I mumble to myself,"can't even get a nights sleep without them coming up."

I stretch and look up at the sky.Deep blue.An hour before dawn. I stand an check on my small group. David and Harlow in their human form,Crystal curled up at the mouth of the cave her gray fur hidden by the dull walls,Carlos sleeping below my ledge and the hawk twins,Stacy and Toby huddle together and sleep. I jump down from the ledge I slept on and walked quietly out of the cave.

± ± ± ± ± ± ± ±

I sit on top of the cave and look out into the distance and watch the sun slowly creep up into the horizon. I hear a yawn and pebbles scatter as someone gets up. Then there was a yelp and everything became noisy and that woke everyone up then.

~what are they all doing down there?~my wolf said to me. the fight got louder and the yelling escalated.

I growl loudly and everything stops. Crystal walks out of the cave and looks around.

"Where are you Lovella?! I know your out here I heard you growl."crystals voice is playfully angry and I shrink away from the edge and let her yell.

"Well if you need me ill come back."I made my voice sound far away. I bit my knuckle trying to suppress a giggle. she makes a huffing noise and runs into the forest straight ahead I jump down from the cave top and stalk after her.

"You know what,"I call out to her I see her straight ahead,"you should look up before running off to look."

She stops and doesn't look back at me. Instead she shifts and stands her ground. I shift to and come up behind her.

"Hey what's wro...,"I stop and smell the air. My breaths stop. My ears prick up at are alert. All of sudden my teeth are bared and I'm growling so viciously crystals ears flatten and she moves away from me and out of my way. Then I stand ten yards away from a Smokey black wolf. He stands relaxed and unwavering when he sees me.

"Who are you?!"I shout creating a mind link to him. I see him cringe and shake his head after I yell.

"Well I was hoping you could tell me that."he says sweetly.

"I don't know you! How old are you rogue?"I growl back hotly. He steps closer and my wolf stops. It gets so quiet I hear the soft jingle of my necklace around my neck.

"I am nineteen and I'm not a rogue. if I was wouldn't I have killed you already."he says matter-a-factly. which Pisses me off even more than before.

There's something about him,I narrow my eyes at him,that makes me want to take him with us. His dark gray and black fur shine in the morning sunlight,he's large for being nineteen and his eyes golden with a hint of red and orange in them. Crystal looks between us and laughs. we both look at her.

"Are you both idiots or something."She says after the burst of laughter."You two are attracted to each other. I've seen him around before, starring at you like a pile of gold that needs to be hoarded. It's quite funny really." her eyes travel between mine and his.

I shift and walk over to the male. He is bigger than I thought,his nose up to my torso. I stop three feet away from him and I look down on him,my eyes focused his eyes. Then he shifts,he has on a ragged t-shirt and long brown pants. His eyes are the same as his wolves. He's as tall as me and a wolf. but I wouldn't be surprised if he just came here to annoy us into giving him supplies.

"Crystal..."I say through our link.

"Yeah Ella,what is it?"she answers back but doesn't tack her eyes off him.

"Go get our special rope from Carlos."I say glancing at her. I shift and sit down he dose the same but keeps his distance. Smart.

"I'll be right back."she says then runs off.

"Where is she going in such a hurry?"he yawns,and lays down.

"Don't get so comfortable,your still on my lands and my boundaries."I say calmly,"what do you want,wolf?

"Well I'm here for...you."he stands and walks over to me but I can't move. he touches his nose to mine and I feel a sharp electric pulse. out of reflex I flick my head up and away from his."You felt that too,the electricity of that touch."

"lovella! I have the rope."Crystals voice comes into my head.

"good now hide it behind your back and hurry."I answer back smirking.

"So what's your name?" I ask not really paying attention. Then I glanced back at him and he seemed to be thinking.

"My name? Well it's Chase."He says proudly.

He is so full of himself. Then I hear foot steps coming behind me. Crystal came running up to Chase and I. Then I stood up and took the rope from her and tackled him before he knew what was coming. I tied him up tightly.

"What was that for?!"He yelled surprised.

"Sorry but I have to keep my people safe. So if you break through those ropes by the end of this week we'll consider you not a threat then you can leave or stay,deal?" I said to him after he calmed down a little.

"Deal. but I'll be out in five minutes with this flimsy rope holding me!"He yelled determinedly. then he tried to break out of it I smiled at that.

"Oh did I forget to mention that I hand make that rope so that its extra strong." I look down at him. He just looked at me with a scared look in his eyes."whats wrong?"

"Am I going to get food when I get out of here?"he asked hopefully starring up at me.

"Well that depends on if you want to stay and if you run before you get lose,ill kill you myself."I growled fiercely, He flinched and looked away from me.

"So I'll be back tomorrow to see how far along you are and remember, don't run."i said in a sing song tone.

This is going be interesting I thought when I turned and started walking away, let's see if he figures out how to escape without true strength.