The Incident

I sit next to Wanda outside a small cafe and stir the third packet of sugar into my tea. Sugar gets me going, you know? Channels my energy and I use that with my powers. As I look at Wanda stir her tea, I can't help but see how much she resembles Pietro. We've been so worried lately, because he's still in a coma.We don't know if he's going to come out alive or not. It's already been like six months since the Sokovia incident, and I've finally stopped having nightmares. I had ones about the torture, which Wanda helped me with. I also had ones about Pietro, which were bad, but not as bad as Wanda's. There were many bad nights, we would comfort each other, hold each other when we cried. The first week after was the worst, every night we would wake up in tears and sweats. We lived off coffee and pizza, staying up all night and watching happy movies to lift our spirits. It was rough, and it brought us closer. We would visit Pietro in the hospital every day we could, and we cried every time. A couple months and we were like sisters, we lived off each other, cried with each other, and on the rare occasions, laughed together. Living in the new headquarters, along with Steve, Sam, Nat, and Rhodey at times, we bonded so much we were practically inseperable. I spent most of my time training and improving my skills, which helped me take my mind off things. I got to know Sam more, he's sort of like the annoying older brother I really don't wish I had. And Steve and Nat have been great mentors for me. 

I shake out one more sugar packet before opening it, smirking as Wanda gives me a curious look. Pouring it into my tea, I stir it up and take a sip. We were currently on a mission to stop this Rumlow character that Steve encountered when he was in D.C. 

As I sit there sipping my tea with Wanda, I hear Steve's voice come through the earpiece I'm wearing.

"Alright, what do you see?"

I nod to Wanda, signaling that she can answer, "Standard beat cops. Small station. Quiet street. It's a good target."

"Oh, and there's a little shop on that corner over there that has nice scarves." I grin, looking at the small store to my left as I practically hear Steve roll his eyes.

"Remember, don't draw attention to you, act normal." He says.

"I am, I really like that shop and would say so on any day." Wanda smirks at me as I drink more of tea, letting the sweet liquid slide down my throat.

Steve sighs into the comms, "There's an ATM in the south corner, which means..."

I place my cup down as Wanda speaks, "Cameras."

"Both cross streets one way."

"So, compromised escape routes." I place a hand on my chin, my elbow resting on the cool surface of the table I sit at.

"Means our guy doesn't care about being seen." Steve says, "He isn't afraid to make a mess on the way out. You see that Range Rover halfway up the block?"

Wanda looks past my shoulder and I turn my head slightly to see it too as she speaks, "Yeah, the red one? It's cute."

"Not as cute as my skooter." I say in a sing song voice and grin again as they all ignore me.

"It's also bulletproof, which means private security, which means more guns, which means more headaches for somebody." Nat says, sitting a couple tables away from Wanda and I, "Probably us."

"You guys know I can move things with my mind, right?" Wanda says subtly and I open my mouth.

"No way! How come you never told me?"

"Looking over your shoulder needs to become second nature." Nat says and I roll my eyes.

"Anybody ever tell you, you're a little paranoid?" Sam says from his place on top of a nearby building, wearing his full Falcon getup.