boys ➳ zustiall

because zustiall is life.

***

Zayn sighed blissfully.

He watched the two boys goof around. They were earlier playing basketball. Sometimes, they would just shoot here and there, and sometimes, they would play one-on-one matches. Right now, they were simply tackling each other to the ground, Niall on top of Justin, trying to wrestle him. But they (including Zayn) knew that Niall could never be able to do so. Zayn wanted to so badly run over and ask if he could join.

Niall laughed aloud, overpowering Justin's softer one. Zayn bit his lip and looked away. He had actually come to sketch few sceneries, but he ended up drawing two specific men.

Zayn continued sketching them, trying not to look at them for too long, in case they got suspicious. He added few more strands of hair to Niall's head, and looked up, gasping as he saw Niall on Justin's lap, kissing him hard. It wasn't the first time they'd kissed in public, but every time Zayn saw them, it made him jealous. Not of Justin or Niall, but their relationship. He wanted to be kissed like that. By Justin. And Niall.

At the same time.

Both of them had been dating since forever. Zayn had never seen two people more in love with each other than them. Zayn wouldn't be surprised if they got married and ran away right now.

Justin and Niall had stopped kissing and were doing something Zayn couldn't see, since they had their backs turned.

He then looked down, at his drawing. Who was he kidding? It was impossible. Why would they want him, when they had each other? 

Tears welled up in Zayn's eyes. He just wanted to love and be loved, that's all. Was that too much to ask?

"Zayn? Are you alright?"

Zayn jerked his head up, seeing both boys hover over him. Both of them had worried expressions on their faces. Anyone would, if they saw someone crying.

"What? Ye-ah, I'm alright." He shut his sketchpad and hurriedly grabbed his pencils, stuffing them in his little backpack. "I'm good." He said and turned to walk away, wiping his tears. It was pathetic, really. What was he thinking? Crying over two boys who would never think of him as more than friends.

"Z." 

Zayn stopped and turned around, biting his lip softly. Only Justin called him that, and he loved it.

"You left this behind." He walked over to Zayn and placed a small flower crown on his head. Zayn touched it and furrowed his eyebrows. "B-but I didn't drop this."

Niall smiled. "Okay, love. I'll tell the truth. Justin's simply playing with you." Niall playfully glared at Justin, who stuck his tongue out. Niall rolled his eyes. "Anyways, he's just joking. We made it, for you."

Zayn touched the crown again. "R-really?"

Justin nodded. "Yeah cutie, really." He gave Zayn a wide grin. Zayn blushed profusely and looked down. Niall awwed and resisted himself from pinching Zayn's cheeks.

"Thank you." Zayn said, smiling shyly. Justin felt his heart melt, and Niall wanted to scream. 

He was so darn cute.

"Your welcome, Zayn." Niall said, wrapping one arm around Justin, pulling him closer. Zayn's eyes flickered to his hand for a split second, and then he looked away, biting his lip. 

"Zayn, be honest. What's bothering you?" Justin asked, taking hold of Zayn's hand. Zayn widened he eyes, looking at Justin's hand holding his and Niall, who surprisingly look unfazed.