Chapter 33

Five years later. 

Rose's POV

I open my eyes. My room is dark. My bare feet touch the floor as I walk to the window. I open the curtains. The full moon is shining down at me. My family is probably asleep. If I wake Daddy he will get mad. 

I put on my pink shoes and walk downstairs. My white nightgown shines in the soft light. I try to stay as silent as I can. 

I don't want mommy to worry about my sleep. I just want a cookie. 

I tiptoe through the kitchen trying to get my favorite cookies. Chocolate chip.

Daddy would always secretly give me one when mommy wasn't looking. That's because mommy says it's bad for you teeth.

I tried to open the door but I can't reach it.

"Rose?" I hear behind me. Busted.

"Yes mommy?"

"What are you doing honey?" Mommy says while walking up to me. She is wearing cupcake pajamas.

"Nothing." I say.

"Let's get you back to bed." She says and she picks me up.

I love it when mommy caries me.

"Caroline?" I hear daddy's voice saying. That's not good. Daddy's not a morning person.

"I'm bringing her back to bed." Mommy says.

"Okay." Daddy says and he goes back go bed. I bury my head in mommy's hair while she walks to my bedroom again.

Klaus' POV

Five years. It has been five bloody years. For Caroline's and my little angel's sake I haven't been killing people.

Don't be so disappointed. I wanted to. But I can't risk Rose remembering bad things.

She doesn't go to school. She wants to.  I can't risk him finding her. Stefan. The name I haven't heard in years.

Caroline and I stopped discussing about him years ago.

God I hate that man.

If I ever see him again I will punch him in the face so hard he will scream for his mother.

Caroline walks into the room again. 

"What was it?" I ask her. 

"She walked around in the house, I don't know why." She says as she steps into the bed again. 

She has dark circles under her eyes. Rose likes to wake up in the middle of the night to steal our sleep. You would think that vampire's don't need sleep. Well obviously we were wrong. 

By the fact that New Orleans is the city of vampires, and Mystic Falls is full of unwanted people we now live in the middle of no where. It's peaceful. But not as crowded as I would have wanted to. 

Rebekah and Kol live in  New Orleans to keep an eye on Freya. We still don't really trust her.

As for Elijah...

I daggered him. Kol and Rebekah know it. I kept it for Caroline, she will only make it worse. He tried to let that doppelganger - Elena - escape. 

Punishment. Punishment. Punishment. 

"No one deserves to be locked up like an animal." 

"Leave before I change my mind."

"No."

I close my eyes as the thoughts drown my mind. 

Caroline's POV