Farlyn

So I'm thinking of writing a book. Here's a sneak peek at what I'm planning.

***************~****************~**************~

The floor was cold under her. She could feel the icy concrete through her clothes. The cold seeped in, eating away at the warmth of her body, and the hardness of the floor hurt her spine. She had grown used to the pain that sleeping on the rigid ground caused to her body. 

The darkness was so thick that she felt as if she had gone blind. She knew she hadn't though because she could see the light rain in when he came in. 

Was the sun out or was the moonlight shining down to the ground outside? Time was a distant memory in this place. She found she didn't care about that, she didn't care about the pain, she only cared about the time that he would come back to see her. Shivers ran down her spine just thinking about him. 

The lock on the door clicked. It was faint but her hearing was enhanced when she was in the dark. She hugged her knees to her chest, her bone-y knees touching her chin. Light flowed into the room and she closed her eyes as the brightness burned her eyes. 

There was the sounds of footsteps approaching, and her breathing quickened. She blinked the pain out of her eyes and looked up expecting the face of her captor, but instead found an unfamiliar face. 

He held a gun in his hands and there was something around his neck. 

It was a police badge. 

She sat up from her fetus position on the floor, stumbling a bit as she did so. Tears were filling her eyes, she ignored the voices in her head telling her it was some kind of trick or a dream.

"Farlyn Carmichel? I'm Detective Bowlly. I'm here to take you home." He said slowly, as if she was a small child. He took one of his hands from his gun and placed it on his chest as he introduced himself. 

A tear streamed down Farlyn's dirty cheek. She laughed and jumped on Detective Bowlley, hugging him tightly.

"Thank you. Thank you." She whispered over and over again, burying her face in his shoulder. Her tears wet the leather of his jacket. 

She was finally safe.