Rikky disposes (3)

In all of the years that Karim faithfully served the sahib in, he never, ever, questioned him. The sahib was prudent, he was a gentleman of his words and he never approached a matter if it wouldn't present him prominent benefit. Karim knew that the sahib would fight a raging ocean to reach what he desired, and relentlessly do so. Nothing was ever beyond the sahib. He was an unstoppable force, only cursed fools would dare stand in his way, and when they do so, he would gladly drive a bullet through their heads and end their wretched lives. Or sever their heads from their bodies with his sabre, that was after he used the French, Chinese and Arabic torture methods. Karim always, always, obeyed the sahib, he would stand beside him even if the whole world was against him. He would dive in front of a speeding bullet for the sahib, and die without regrets. Karim knew from experience that the sahib always made the right decisions; he did watch him build the greatest business empire in the whole world from nothing, so he never dared to doubt him.

Yet, now, as he stood hidden in the shadows of one of London's dark street corners, even so it was nearly impossible for any passerby to not notice the huge form of the turbaned man with his sabre. He was in line to carry out the deed Mr. Rikkard Ambrose assigned him to. He couldn't help but question the sahib's motives, and quite shamefully, if his sanity was still intact. It absolutely pained to do so, and it was behind his boundaries. It was his sinister mind that was withering with curiosity and he lost the ability to shut it down. Not with the sahib's abnormal behavior, he would never dare intervene or complain, of course. His duty was to faithfully follow all of the sahib's commands at all times, the sahib only had to  blink for Karim to execute whatever it is that he wants.

Karim stood by the sahib's the side through thick and thin, through rich and poor, ever since the sahib found him in the American colonies. He always protected the sahib's back during all the battles he had to face and through all the numerous quarries with that vile serpent who called himself a lord, may Allah curse his soul to the worst of the worse of fates, an eternal miserable life in hell. Karim was his one companion for years on end, his most trusted right-hand man, the only man the sahib insured in all of his matters and he took immense pride in the fact. It's always been just the sahib and him.

That was until she came along.

The creature who dared to call herself a female, who was nothing but a disgraceful representation of them, the woman who-was-worse-than-an-ifrit.

Ever since that unfortunate day when she crossed their paths, capturing the sahib's attention as nothing but a young bizarrely dressed lad, warning the sahib from buying a ruined house and taking advantage of the sahib urgent need for a secretary. Then her real identity was revealed when she was caught trying to sneak in to vote, as nothing but a delusional, shameless, cheap imitation of a woman with no manners! Not just that but she dared show up at Empire house, claiming that the sahib gave his word to her to work as his secretary, taking advantage that the sahib was a gentleman of his words, tricking him to give her the job. He wouldn't put it past her that she came to talk to the sahib on purpose, so she can get the job, she was worse than an ifrit.

He wondered what kind of upbringing she must have had, what kind of people she must have lived with, that could produce such a creature. Of course the sahib had him gather some information regarding her family history, only to make sure she was in no way associated with Dalgliesh, of course. And the sahib had men following her to make sure she's not targeted by any of Dalgliesh men, wouldn't want to repeat the same matter with Simmons, would we? It would bring hellish poison to the sahib's reputation if it was found that an insignificant female was working as his secretary. See all the useless troubles she has brought the sahib since she barged into his life?