Chapter 6: Forest in Paris

(from here on, it will be third person unless I put someone's name) and amazing book cover by Girl_of_war !

    "That... Is really one hell of a story." Melanie nodded.

     Arissa gasped. "You saved Kayla? That's really cool."

      Zach shrugged.

    "Guys, guys." Henry cut in. "We should get going. We only have a week an a half. "

     "Yeah, the Eiffel Tower is not far from here. Let's just hope  that the journey there won't be interrupted by that, gang. Again." Melanie said.

     Zach stood up. "I'll go get Alice." he approached Alice slowly, worried he might get scolded from disturbing her.

    Alice, who was daydreaming on top of a green dumpster played with her fingers, with no mood to talk to anyone. As soon as she saw her brother walk up to her, she knew immediately what he was going to say.

     "I'm guessing you want to talk about what happened in there?" She said, not making eye contact.

     Zach pulled Alice into a hug and whispered into her ear, "Everything will be okay."

     Not expecting Alice to hug back, she wrapped her arms around him. He was the only family she had left and she would do anything to protect him.

     "We have to go." Zach pulled away and gave her a comforting smile, and helped her down the dumpster.

     Alice grabbed her backpack, and the five made their journey to the Eiffel tower.

•••

     After half an hour of walking, they all stopped, as they stumbled over something they never expected.

     "What the hell is that?" Arissa pointed at what appeared to be a forest in the middle of the street which stretched out till the Eiffel tower.

    The tall trees were taller than the buildings beside it. Vines hung everywhere. Sounds of moans and groans could be heard. There was something different about the trees, which were the yellow spots on it.

     "I've never heard of a forest in the middle of PARIS!" Henry shouted, which could be heard miles away.

     "Henry shut up, you're gonna attract bloodlings." His sister hissed.

     "Isn't there another way around?" Alice asked.

     "There is, but it would take much longer. Isn't it just easier to go through the trees?" Melanie said.

     Zach sighed as he stared directly into the forest. Just looking at it gave him the creeps. But then again, he has been through much more than this. The yellow spots on the trees caught his eye. Was it infectious? A moan from the forest suddenly made them all jump.

      Arissa blinked multiple times at Melanie, "You wanna go in there?" She pointed at the forest. "Can't you hear the sounds it's making? Are you out of your mind?"

     Melanie grunted. "It's faster to go through here."

     "Fine, we'll go through this— forest." Zach agreed. "I'd rather die trying to save Kayla than get there later and let her die."

      Melanie smiled, while Arissa and Henry groaned.

      "So, who wants to go in first?" Zach asked.

      The five exchanged looks with one another.

      "Not me." The four said in unison, except for Alice.

      Alice groaned. "You all are scaredy-cats. I'll go first then." With no further discussion, Alice stepped into the forest, gripping her gun as she looked at her surroundings. There were plants everywhere. Some of them were covered in blood. She kept her gun back as she confirmed there was nothing dangerous here except for the blood part.

      Alice turned around to face the others and shouted, "It's safe!"

      Alice suddenly felt her head going in circles, she held her head, trying to catch her balance. Her pupils rolled behind her eyes and it shut, as she fell onto the grassy floor unconscious.

       "ALICE!" Zach sprinted toward the forest, the others following behind him. But as soon as the other four stepped in, they immediately felt dizzy. and soon, fainted not too far from Alice.

•••
I am so so so sorry for not updating for so long! I've just been busy with school and other stuff and had no motivation to write. But guess what? I'm back! Get ready for more chapters ;)