Gakupo's Screw Up

'Why do you think she didn't want to talk to us?' Miku asked Kaito, while they were leaving school together. 'Kaito? KAITO?'

'Iceto, I love you!' Kaito held his ice-cream lovingly.

'KAITO!'

Kaito almost fell over in shock because Miku had shouted so loud. 'Whoa, Miku!'

'Sorry...' Miku hung her head.

'No, no!'

Kaito thought back to what Meiko had told him a few hours ago.

-0-

Meiko was laughing her head off along with Gakupo. She always was. Gakupo somehow always managed to make her happy.

'Wait, is that Kai there?' Meiko suddenly stopped in her tracks.

'Yeah...'

'I'll catch up with you later, Gack!' Without wasting time, Meiko started running.

'Mei-' Gakupo called.

Stopping, Meiko looked back.

'No. Nothing!' Gakupo turned away to hide his face, which resembled a tomato at this point.

Busy thinking about Kaito, Meiko left Gakupo to walk himself. Finally, she reached Kaito, standing alone under a tree with his ice-cream.

'Hey, Kai!' Meiko swung her arm around his neck.

Kaito jumped, making Meiko laugh her head off.

'Oh, Meiko!' Kaito exclaimed. 'You laugh too much nowadays, you know!'

Trying to control her laughter, Meiko asked, 'Do I?'

'Yeah,' Kaito replied. He elbowed her. 'So... it's going great with Gakupo, huh?' he smiled slyly.

Meiko stamped his feet. 'He's a FRIEND, Kaito! A freaking FRIEND!'

'Uh-huh...'

'Kaito!'

'You DO feel SOMETHING for him!'

Meiko wanted to laugh. But she didn't. Instead, a thought struck her.

'Meiko?'

'I- well- I don't know!'

Kaito stopped smiling.

'I like him. In fact, I love him.'

'Knew it!'

'Kai! I never really thought of it that way... But...'

'Go on.'

'When I was stuck in that prison, Kai, I thought I was the loneliest person in the world. I didn't have you... You were with Miku, all the time, I realized. And I understood that. Miku is so happy all the time, it makes you happy just being with her, right, Kaito?'

'It does. She's amazing! But it doesn't mean you mean less to me than she does!'

'I know that now, but I didn't know it before, Kaito. I thought I had no one. No one cared about what happened to me!'

'Then?'

'Then Gakupo came to the prison. He was amazing! Instead of crying about my fate in that prison with him, I laughed with him! He makes me so happy. Always. That's why I feel so giggly around him, I guess...'

'Well?'

Meiko cursed. '***! I ***ing like Gakupo!'

'You realized it now?'

'What should I do, Kai? He won't like me! IA is a knockout. I'm nothing!'

'I don't think he likes IA...'

But Meiko wasn't listening. 'No! Why does he like IA? Why not ME! Why does Gakupo prefer IA over me!'

Yuzuki just HAPPENED to pass by as Meiko was shouting her love for Gakupo. When she noticed the shouting, she paused instantly, as if she was in a sort of mannequin challenge.

-0-

'Why? WHY does Meiko like Yuma? WHY NOT ME???' Gakupo shouted at Miku.

'Gakupo, calm down!' Miku flailed her arms to stop him from screaming.

'Why doesn't she like ME? I'm cute. I'm handsome. I'm hot! All the fangirls go crazy for me! Why isn't Meiko like them?' Gakupo demanded.

'I'm SURE Meiko likes you...'

'Why? Why Yuma? Yuma doesn't have ANYTHING! Yuma is a-'

'Go on,' Yuma urged, suddenly appearing behind Gakupo.

Fast as a flash, Gakupo grabbed Yuma by the neck and slammed him against a wall. 'What the hell are YOU doing here, huh, ***? Why don't you just ***ing take your ***ing face and ***ing stuff it in a ***ing volcano, huh, ***?'

'Gakupo-san!' Miku tried to pull Gakupo away.

'Upset Meiko won't like you, huh, Gakupo?' Yuma sneered.

'You shut your *** face, ***!'

'Gakupo!' Meiko shouted.

Instantly, Gakupo turned red as a tomato. Frozen in her position, Meiko stared at him. Slowly, Gakupo relaxed with the kill-Yuma idea.

'Meiko...'

'I- I-'

'No, Meiko!'

'Gakupo! I thought you were a good guy!' Meiko crossed her arms and marched towards Gakupo. 'What was that?'

'Yeah, Gack?' Yuma grinned. 'What was that?'

Turning to Yuma with gentle eyes, Meiko asked sweetly, 'Are you OK, Yuma? Are you hurt?'

'I'm fine, Meiko,' Yuma grinned back. And, just to see Gakupo's face, he asked,' Hey, are you busy this evening?'

'No! She's not!' Gakupo shoved Yuma away, grabbed Meiko and started running.

'Whao. Gakupo is fast.' Miku's eyeballs almost popped out.

'Yeah... He is.'

'Well, Yuma-san?' Miku asked. 'Do you have anyone like Gakupo does for Meiko?'

Yuma laughed to reply.

So... who does Yuma love? Which beauty has stolen his heart? Find out, next chapter!