Kaito Proposes

Nervously, Luka waited for the ice-cream to come so she could escape this awkwardness.

Why she had agreed to come with Kaito, she didn't know. It seemed like someone else said it, not her. But now that she was here, she had to make most of the time. 

'How's Miku?' Luka asked, tapping the wooden table in the noisy ice-cream shop.

'She's great!' Kaito grinned. 'She's always such a happy person... It makes me so happy to be with her!'

'Oh,' Luka's voice faltered.

'I miss you, Luka,' Kaito's eyes lost its light. He still looked handsome, Luka noticed, even when he wasn't happy. In fact, Kaito looked better when he was sad and not happy.

'Yeah. Miss you guys too.'

'You always have some work. IA loves you a lot to keep you with her all day.'

'I guess she does,' Luka shrugged.

'Take a vacation, why don't you? We can go out! Let's go somewhere, for a week!' Kaito jumped.

'Kaito...'

'Won't they let you go?' Kaito asked.

His sad face tempted Luka to say she could go on vacation, she wanted to spend time with them! But another part of her knew she would return disappointed. 'Kaito... I can't. I'm getting paid! Their money is paying for my future university!'

'Luka, you'll get a scholarship anyway! You don't need their money at all!'

'What about Uni?' Luka demanded. 'Who'll give her a scholarship when all she thinks about is Yuma?'

'Yuma?'

'The handsome guy from school.'

Kaito smiled a sneaky smile. 'Do you like him.'

'Yes.'

'No. Do you like him that way?'

'No! I like him as a colleague.'

'Okay...'

'I like someone else.'

'WHO?'

Luka realized her mistake. She shouldn't have said anything to Kaito. No! She didn't like anyone else. She used to like Kaito but not anymore!

'Come on, Lu! Spit it out!'

'You don't know him.'

'SO YOU DO LIKE SOMEONE?'

'NO! I mean, well, he's a celebrity!'

'Who?' Kaito asked.

This went on for quite some time. Luka tried to tell Kaito she wouldn't tell him about her someone, but Kaito insisted stubbornly. At the end, Luka had to make a dangerous choice.

She knew it could get her killed. But she felt like she had to take this risk.

'Okay, I'll tell you his name,' Luka gave up.

'I'm listening...'

'It's...'

'Uh-huh?'

'It's...'

'Go on...'

'It's...'

Kaito watched carefully.

'It's... It's... It's.... IT'S JUSTIN BIEBER!' Luka hid behind the table as soon as she said that.

Kaito fainted.

-0-

When Kaito regained consciousness again, Luka shook her head. 

'Look, I told you I wouldn't tell!' Luka scolded.

Fortunately for them, there were so many people at the ice-cream shop no one noticed their argument.

'JUSTIN BIEBER! YOU LIKE JUSTIN BIEBER! WHY DON'T YOU JUST LIKE... TONIO!' Kaito yelled.

'Eww!' Luka shuddered. 'How's he different from Justin?'

'WHAT?' Kaito asked.

'Nothing!' Luka shook her head.

'Ice-cream!' the waitress barged in to give them the ice-cream. Kaito had ordered a bucket-sized ice-cream, while Luka ordered a tuna flavored one.

While wolfing orders of ice-cream, one after the other, Kaito produced many songs.

Before he started the second spoon of his first ice-cream, Miku had called him.

Miku: Where are you now and what are you doing now?

Kaito: (sings the song below)

After finishing his first ice-cream, Kaito ordered another one. But he had to wait five minnutes for it.

It was too long for him to bear. Kaito was dying. With a weak heart he said to Luka, 'If I can't see my love again, at least I will sing for her!'

So he sang the song:

After he was done eating the 15nth monster-size ice-cream, he sang this heart-wrenching song (start video from 00:18) :

When he bought the 16nth bucket, he went down on his knees and said,

'Iceto, will you marry me?'

Stay tuned to figure out if Kaito gets the girl of his dreams! (or the ice-cream... Whatever!)