five

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

Your lesson had just finished and it was now time for lunch. Your muscles ached slightly from the use of your quirk during the apprehension test, but you'd never let anything stop you from eating!

Just as you were about to pull your bento box from your bag, you saw Todoroki leave the classroom and you were quick to grab your things and follow him. You needed to speak to him, to clear things up and see if it was actually him.

"Hey!"

You yelled, attracting the attention of the boy you wanted and a few other people along with it.

He turned to look at you, his stoic expression remaining the same, but his eyes widened a little, not expecting you to come after him.

You jogged up to him, grabbing his arm and dragging him outside to the garden.

"I need to talk to you, Shoto."

You addressed him so casually that he couldn't help the shocked expression that overcame his features, nobody had called him by his first name other than his father since he left you all those years ago.

"Y/N, you don't need to drag me, I'll follow you."

You looked back at him, your cheeks a light pink as you slowly let go of his arm. Sighing in relief that you didn't just grab a random stranger and that your thoughts from the morning were indeed correct.

"Yeah, sorry."

It was silent as you walked, neither of you daring to speak up in fear of saying the wrong thing.

When you reached the garden, you sat down on a bench, patting the seat next to you as you pulled the bento from your bag, opening it up and looking up at Shoto expectantly.

"Do you want anything?"

You asked shyly, pointing at your homemade bento, he shook his head, the tips of his ears burning red as he looked away.

You stuffed some food into your mouth before gasping, food spraying slightly causing you to shut your mouth quickly.

"Sorry."

You mumbled, it came out distorted due to all the food in your mouth, but Todoroki couldn't help but laugh slightly, his eyes widening for the umpteenth time that day at the sound and your head whipped round to face him, cheeks puffed out and mouth barely shut around the food. You still looked like hamster to him.

"It's just like old times, huh?"

He spoke softly, not wanting anybody to overhear the conversation as you nodded in response.

"I missed you, y'know?"

You spoke quietly, almost in a whisper as you swallowed the food in your mouth.

"I spent everyday wondering when or if I was going to see you again and - and to find you here, it's like a miracle."

You sighed slightly, eyes downcast as you stared at your food with empty eyes.

"Can we start again?"

Your ears perked up at the sound of his voice once more as you nodded once again and smiled up at him.

"Yeah, I'd like that."

It was silent again before you held your hand out.

"I'm Y/N L/N, but you can just call me Y/N, it's nice to meet you."

The polychromatic eyed beauty looked at your outstretched hand, to your smiling face and back to your hand again before he grasped it in his own, shaking it slightly.

"Shoto Todoroki, but you can just call me Shoto, it's nice to meet you Y/N."

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

published; August 5th 2017
edited and re-written September 2020