Chapter 1

3rd Person POV

Caroline stood in the hallway next to her locker, talking to her best friend Page. They'd been best friends since first grade and had done everything together since.
"I wish there were some actually hot guys in this school," Page was musing to herself as she leaned against the locker next to Caroline's, while Caroline pulled books from her locker.
"And I wish there were some new guys, or new anybody really. And I wish there wasn't going to be a new president, and I wish there wasn't a law that made us go to school nine out of twelve months of the year. But none of those things are going to happen just because I wish they would." Caroline ranted as she put her books in her bag and closed her locker.
The friends continued to talk for a few moments when the schools doors both flung open at the same time to let a tall, very cute, and according to Page, very hot guy walk through them. He was wearing a gray shirt with a light blue hoodie jacket over top, and jeans. His jacket corners flapped as he strutted down the hallway.
Page stared as he came closer to her and caught her breath as he saw her and started walking over to her.
"Hey, do you know where the, uh, office is?" He asked her, politely, but with a small hint of bad boy swag added in.
"U-uhm, yeah. Go down this hallway, then it's two lefts, a right, then another left," Page stuttered, a little flustered because he asked her and not any of the other hundred people in the hallway.
"Thank you," he replied, winking at her. She noticed he had a very small, almost unnoticeable hint of a British accent when he spoke, but it was gone the second she noticed it.
The guy walked away down the hallway and Page just stood there staring after him until Caroline nudged her with her elbow. Page turned back to her and asked her what she was looking at, but Caroline just shrugged and lifted a suggestive eyebrow.
"Oh quit!" Page exclaimed.
"What?! You said you wanted some guys who were actually cute! And I wanted somebody new, and now we both got our wishes-" her sentence was cut off when the doors opened again.
In walked another guy, but this time Caroline was the one who's jaw dropped. He came in, walking confidently in jeans and a fit white shirt. He kept a straight face and only gave a ghost of a smile when he caught sight of Caroline and Page. He walked quietly over to them and politely asked, "Do you ladies happen to know where the office is?"
Neither of the girls said anything for a moment before Page elbowed Caroline in the side really hard and Caroline blurted, "Uh, two lefts, one right, then another left."
"Thanks," he replied, smiling a little, then turning and walking down the hall.
"What is going on today?!" Page exclaimed. "How many more hot guys are just gonna show up out of nowhere?"
"It's fine Page, new people show up here all the time," Caroline shrugged, turning back to her locker because she forgot something.
"Weren't you just saying you wanted more new people? Because nobody new ever shows up here." Page asked, confused.
"Oh. Right. Well there we go then."
Caroline huffed, blowing a piece of hair off of her forehead. "Let's just go to class."
The two started walking down the hallway when the doors opened again.
Caroline and Page stopped and looked at each other, "Another one?" they both asked simultaneously. Both of them turned around just in time for a tall blonde girl to push her way between them.
She was walking confidently in high heeled gladiator shoes, a short black dress, and a black leather jacket. Her hair was down and flowing halfway down her back, and it had a small strip of black at the right side.

And that was just what they caught as she walked passed them.
"Now who is that?" Page asked, a little jealous.
"I have no idea," Caroline gawked as well.
"Whoever she is, she's got style," Page sighed.
Caroline looked around at all the other people in the hallway and saw all of them, especially the guys, staring at the new girl as she walked by as well.
Caroline was never one to care much about what people thought of her, and she didn't think much of most other people either. But the three new people that walked in today were different. They made her feel different. And it wasn't a good different.
When they walked in, especially the girl, it felt like death itself walked through the school doors. A cold shiver had gone down Caroline's spine when they all walked past her. She had a bad feeling about these people. And she had no idea why. It scared her, and Caroline was never afraid of anything.