Epilogue

It's been a few weeks since I escaped. After going on air to reveal Grado as the con he is, I took some time off. I went home and stayed with my dad for a bit. He'd really missed me and was glad to have me home. I was glad to be there too.

Grado went into hiding after my broadcast. The network had given me my own primetime slot. Captured by a Megalomaniac: One Reporter's Struggle to Survive was the single highest viewed news specials ever to air. And I'd pulled no punches. I told the world everything I'd overheard between the so called hero and his accomplice, Saigon. The faked accidents, the staged fights, all of it. It seemed the hero scam was finally at it's end.

About a week into the stay at my dad's I started writing everything down, everything I could remember. From buying the sub at Mr. Burtanelli's, to being discovered after my escape by that cop taking a smoke break. Something hit me as I was writing. I realized I'd never had a chance to eat my sandwich.

As I dumped out the contents of my purse I was surprised the sandwich hadn't started to smell. But after going through everything I realized it simply wasn't there. Strange, I don't remember what happened to it. Then again I also didn't remember using my audio recorder either but the battery was completely dead. I took out the SD card and put it in my laptop finding an audio file that lasted for 46 hours. Intrigued, with my reporter instants kicking in, I began listening to the file.