2. Unfinished Business

It was a three hour long lecture about history and why they were created. You ignored Sharkface McGee who was pestering you with his paper balls. You had caught a few and hide it away from the Counselor.

Taking notes was the main point as he kept changing the slides. Tucker would scrunch his face in disgust, clearly he was trying to keep up with the class. As for Caboose, he was sleeping or what he called it; energy boost. And Wash, he would help you to copy some of his notes when you couldn't read the powerpoint slides.

Thanks to the clock, he excused everyone from his classroom. "Class dismissed and I expect everyone to write a 5,000 words about World War 1 and 2." Everyone groan in exhaustion. "The due date is next Saturday and I expect everyone to hand in before it."

You packed up your notebooks and was waiting for Wash, Caboose and Tucker. So, you decided to wait for them outside of the classroom. The students were acquaintances and they would greet you with a small and simple smile.

"Well, look what the waves washed up." Sharkface stop in his tracks, a smirk was forming from the curves of his lips.

"Are you done with the puns that are related to the sea and the creatures?" You retort, clearly not in the mood because you were starving for some delicious grub. "If so, then go back to the Mariana Trench. Where its dark and high pressure, just like you."

Behind Sharkface, Wash, Caboose and Tucker emerged from the classroom. You could see that Wash had a worried look. He said a few things to Caboose and Tucker before marching down to save you from Sharkface's glare.

"Watch it, I might bite." His eyes bored onto yours. Your gaze didn't left his. It was like a staring competition, but with a hint of malicious aura that was emitting from Sharkface.

You felt Wash's grip on your arm, gently pulling you away. "C'mon (Name), lunch might be over."

With a heavy sigh, you comply and walked past Sharkface. You had to avert your gaze from him and moved on. After all, you just wanted a peaceful college life without having someone to break it apart.

Especially if they are a jerk.

• • •

The Freelancers sat on their table which were neighbours to the Reds and Blues. Everyone was chatting about their daily classes, recent events and their daily lives.

"I don't think pouring the entire mustard sauce is gonna help, Caboose." Tucker had finished his lunch while Caboose was having some sort of difficulty of eating his food.

"What's the plan after the lunch? I've check my schedule and turns out, my class is cancelled." You were reading a book about the Renaissance that happen in Italy.

Bianca was late, she had plopped her tray down onto the table. "Sorry for the late arrival but (Name)," You let out a hum as she sat down. "Why is the guy who looked like Two Face are staring at you?"

Carolina raised an eyebrow. She was sitting right in front of you which gives her to look over your shoulder and saw Sharkface, sitting in his corner. "Is he bothering you? I can ask him to back off."

"Nope, he didn't. Just throwing scraps of paper to me during class." You let Carolina to calm down. The Freelancers doesn't want another fight. They've done enough due to their studies.

"Alright, if he bothers you, tell us." She gestured to the entire Freelancers that were sitting on the chair, happily chatting with the Reds and Blues.

"Sure thing." You couldn't say no. Carolina cares for her friends. She was like a Mama Bear to the entire group.

Slowly, one by one, they left the table because they had class to attend to. You already had your lunch and the rest of your afternoon was filled with cancelled class. Your lecturer had a fever and they couldn't make it. Your classmates had message you the news in the group chat.

You got up and left the cafeteria, with the book tucked under your arm and the backpack slung over your shoulder, you make your way to the library to spend a few moments in it. A few minutes in the hall of knowledge would do for your bored mind.

Pacing around the bookshelves, you were searching for a book. A specific book for your assignment.

Remember the cliché moment when a girl took a book out and met an unfamiliar face. Yeah, that is what you experience but instead of a face you don't know. It was the face that you know.

"We meet again." Sharkface grinned. You put back the book and walked away.

That did not happen, you thought as you pulled out another book. He gave you a wolffish grin. "Nope."

Change of plans. You decided to go back to your apartment and sleep. Giving yourself a silent cheer for that plan, you walk out from the shelves and on to the exit.

You were succeeded when you emerged from the library but your victory went downhill when you felt someone holding your wrist.

Glancing over your shoulder, it was none other than Sharkface himself. "What do you want now?" You were slightly annoyed by him.

"This is unfinished business." You quirked an eyebrow at his statement. "And that business was your help in the assignment."

Now you were caught off guard. Where is this going?

"You need my... help?" He gently let your wrist to be free from his grip.

"Do I have to repeat myself?"

You shake your head. "I hear it loud and clear and sure, I'll help you. Its just guidance, not writing the entire essay."

He gave a sloppy salute. "Yes sir."

"Why me?"

A shrug was your answer.

"Tomorrow, afternoon. Rondevu here," You stated while he listened. "That's alright with you?"

"I'm cool with that." He them searched his pocket for something and gave it to you. It was a piece of paper. You wanted to ask him what it was but Sharkface left you standing there.

It was his number. With that, you continued your journey back to the apartment.

- -
im back.
and i think my writing improved.
i think...