Chapter One

"I told you, Lance. Nobody has time for you to try and practice your stupid moves!" I moved my hand in time to the words, mocking his dumbass face. "'Oh, I'm Lance. And I think some fancy tricks are gonna impress the princess who's obviously not interested in me but I try anyway.'"

He glared at me, eyes cold and unforgiving, walking towards me with his hands clenched into fists. I returned the favor, matching his pace with fire burning in my own eyes. For a few moments, we stood there, tension filling the air. It took all the willpower in me to not punch him in the nose right then and there. Break a part of that perfect face he thought he had. Pidge, Hunk, Shiro, Coran, and Allura gasped in unison as Lance grabbed the collar of my shirt. His jaw was clenched together, as I breathed in as much air as I could. He was quite stronger than me, which threw me off guard. There was no way I was going to be the one to make the first blow in this state.

"That's not why I was practicing that and you know it." He was hissing, nearly spitting in my face. "At least I'm not the one going around, shouting at us because he's having another one of his prissy mood swings!"

"Lance, that-"

Allura tried to force her way in, but I cut her off. Our faces were still inches apart, Lance's grip tightening on my shirt, choking even more air out of me. My heart was pumping adrenaline through out my body. I wasn't done with him yet. I wouldn't be done until the day he minded his own damn business and stuck to practice the way it was meant to be, with Shiro at the lead and us following his every order. A few days ago, we had just formed Voltron for the first time, without being put in life-threatening danger, and Lance was already causing trouble. I was surprised he hadn't instantly fucked everything up that first day. I stood my ground as much as I could. I could barely speak my next wods, voice straining to stay confident.

"So what are you gonna do about it?" I smirked. "Punch me?"

"Fuck you Keith."

He let go of my shirt. I snickered as he turned away, only to be met with his fist hitting my cheek instantly. I fell to my knees, wiping the blood off of my chin that trickled out of my mouth. I could already feel it swelling, knowing well it would be bruised for a while. I stood back up, getting close to him once more so I could take a swing at his face. Another hand grabbed my wrist and pulled it down to my side. Shiro glared at me first, then Lance. We knew this time we had done it, as Allura hopped down from the controls, stomping towards us.

"What are you idiots trying to do?" She was fuming, arms shaking by her sides. I almost think she wanted to punch us both harder but was resisting the urge to do so. "Kill each other? You're a team! The defenders of the universe! We don't have time for fights like this!"

"Allura's right." Shiro let go of my arm, standing between Lance and I. "We may not be fighting right now, but who knows when we will be? You can't go around beating up your teammates. If something happened to either of you, we wouldn't be able to form Voltron. We wouldn't ever be able to go home."

"Then get someone else to pilot the red lion."

I walked off, the pain in my cheek duller than before. From behind me I could hear yelling and bickering but it didn't matter to me. Why would I care about sticking around just for Lance to ruin everything? The door hissed open, then closed behind me. I hung up my jacket and flopped onto my bed, letting out a sigh. Was it that hard for Lance to take things seriously? All he'd been trying to do was try to impress the princess, with everything he did. It was always "Oh Allura, look what I can do!" and "Are you asking me out on a date?". I tried to forget the majority of his cringey pick up lines, but some of them still managed to resurface in my mind. I buried my face further into my pillow. He wouldn't ever listen to me no matter what I could ever try and tell him. Shiro barely knew how to control him. It was always Allura that he'd do anything for. I wished that someday, he would learn to listen to one of us. Even if it wasn't Shiro, that someone else on the team would manage to keep him in line. I would even be that person, if it ever came to it. I heard the door hiss open and shut once more, and from the sounds of his pathetic whining, I knew who had dropped by. Before I could even object, he was pounding on the door.