Veritas

Enjoy! ^^

***

Castle was watching her, standing still against the doorframe, they were in the detective's apartment after they finally being able to arrest William Bracken. He could still see the sparkle in the woman's eyes while she admired the ring hanging on the steel chain.

Carefully, as if securing a Crystal object, Kate put the ring in a small box. She felt that she had fulfilled the greatest duty of her life.

"You sure?", he asked with a smile on his face. He loved to see her happy.

"Yeah", the word came out almost like a whisper as she walked toward her fiancé. "It's time".

He knew what she meant. It was time to move on, to leave the bad memories behind and buil new ones.

"You've always been with me, Rick", Kate stood before him, looking into his blue eyes.

"I made my mistakes, Kate. There were times when I wasn't with you, that I wasn't strong like you and...", he turned away from her gaze, fixing his own eyes on his feet, yet she lifted his face, interrupting him.

"We both made mistakes those years, but that's not what I'm talking about, babe.", he frowned, trying to understand what she was talking about. "Your books helped me when my mother was taken from me, Castle."

A smile appeared on his lips and he stroked her face as if asking her to continue, and she did.

"I was in a bookstore looking for the books I would use at the police academy when I went through one of the bookshelves and saw a familiar name on the shelves", she looked at him and laughed. "My mother was a huge fan of yours, but I had never understood why she was so fascinated on you. Until that day. I found your first book on the shelf, In a Hail of Bullets, I could not leave it there. Your books reminded me of my mother, of happy times in bookstores with her. That night I read the book and the next day I went back to the bookstore to buy the others already published. For me it didn't matter how many they were, I just needed to read them. I became a fan of the writer who helped me to face my mother's murder."

"And soon you'll be married with him", Rick whispered, wiping the tears from her face. "I'm flattered to know I was a part of this phase of your life, even if it was difficult."

"Like I said, Rick: you've always been with me."

"And I always will", he mumbled admiring the woman in front of him.

"It's almost here", she laughed and took a step forward. "You ready?"

"I've never been more ready, how about you?"

Rick smiled at her silence, he already knew the answer.

"I can't wait", she shook her head, indicating her anxiety.

Kate needed to take just one more step to touch her lips on his, deepening the kiss as she brought him closer to her in a hug.

She loved the man who brought the light back into her life.

1X

***

Guys, hello, if you saw some grammatical mistake, yell me!!