CHAPTER 4

"Arctic! Arctic, are you out here?"

I heard Zachrey's voice and started freaking out. Cole woke up and tried to calm me down but it didn't work. He crawled out of the underground den to see where my brother was but I pulled him back in by his tail. He looked at me and I could see the protection in his eyes. I put my head at his feet and he nudged my nose. He whimpered and pushed my head up. He turned and crawled out of the den.

I stayed where I was and just listened.

"Where is she?" I heard my brother yell and I heard Cole howl. "Show me where she is or I'll shoot!" Cole growled and I saw his tail. He started to back up into the den and over his head I saw Zachrey walking up with his shotgun. After Cole was all the way in I ran out. Cole yelped at me and tried to pull me back in but I was not going to let my brother shoot Cole. Zachrey pointed his gun at my head but when I laid down and whimpered he pulled the gun up.

"Arctic? What happened to you?"

I lifted my head to see Zachrey on his knees beside me. He hugged my neck and Cole growled at him. He walked out of the den with his teeth bared and he looked truly evil. The protection was still in his eyes when he jumped on my brother. He was about to bite him when I pushed Cole off and stood above him like an alpha. His eyes got huge and he stopped growling. I backed off so he could get up and when he did I saw the 'ask for forgiveness' in his eyes. Before I could do anything he turned and ran off. My brother was shocked to see me like this so I howled at him.

"We will have to find a way to sneak you inside. Grams and Gramps are sitting on the couch waiting for you to see if you're alright. Got it?" I nodded and we ran down the hill hiding behind trees.

When we got to the cabin I crawled into the backyard. Zachrey jumped over the gate and opened up the guest room door. We snuck in quietly but the door slammed shut behind us. We both looked at the door and growled. Zachrey's wasn't a wolf growl but it was pretty close. I shot my head to the other door leading into the house when I heard footsteps. I crawled under the bed and Zachrey opened the door.

"Did you find her? Is she okay?" asked Grams.

"Yeah she's fine but she wanted to spend more time with the wolf. The wolf actually really likes her. I don't think it would ever hurt her."

"What happened to your arm?"

"Nothing. It's just a scratch."

"Did that wolf do that to you?"

"Grams-"

"Answer me."

"Yes. The wolf was only protecting Arctic though." I heard the door slam shut and crawled out from underneath the bed. Zachrey walked over to me and sat down on the bed. I jumped up and sat down by him.

"There goes your boyfriend." He laughed a little and I growled at him remembering that he almost shot Cole. He went inside knowing I needed to shift back sometime. I shifted back and found some of my clothes in a drawer. I opened and closed the door loud enough for everyone to hear and walked into the main part of the house. Gramps walked out of the hallway holding his bow and arrow set. I stopped in mid step when I saw him and Zachrey ran over to me. "Grams!" She came running out of the hallway Gramps was standing in and ran up to me. She was about to hug me but I stepped back.

"What is Gramps doing with his bow and arrows?"

"Honey. We thought you were hurt and that wolf..."

"That wolf has a name. And he wouldn't hurt anyone!"

"Look at what it did to your brother. Honey that thing is a wild animal not a stray dog you can take home."

"He was protecting me. He's sorry I know he is."

"You can't tell when a wolf is sorry because it never is."

"He's my friend and I would much rather spend time with him then you guys!" I ran out to the garage and got in the truck. My brother came running out and put his hand on the window. I rolled it down and yelled at him. "What?"

"When you get back say you're sorry to Grams. Ok?"

"Why?"

"Just do it." I backed out of the driveway and drove into town.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry I haven't been posting I'll try to do more. I am gonna post two chapters today because I've been writing a lot. Sorry for all of the speaking in this chapter I will try to dial it down next time. THANKS FOR READING! --spirtiwolf23