CHAPTER 6

The doctors wouldn't let Cole in the hospital so he sat at the front door. I walked out an hour later with a purple nose and a bandage. The doctors gave me some painkillers but they made me dizzy and off balance. Someone walked out of the hospital on his phone and ran into my back. I was already off balance because of the painkillers so I fell forward. Cole jumped and I caught myself on his back. The man kept walking and Cole bared his teeth at him. I hit his back and we started walking.

We didn't know where we were going so Cole lead us back to his house. I was embarrassed to be walking around with a broken nose but every time someone stared Cole would put his arm on my shoulders. I saw a guy who looked like someone I met in high school but I wasn't sure. When he turned and scowled at me I knew he was the same guy.

"I never thought I would see you again. Why aren't you in California?"

"My girlfriend wanted to see where I lived before I moved. Why are you here?"

"You left. I stayed. That's how it works when you breakup with someone." Cole cleared his throat and we both looked at him.

"Who is this joke?"

"Shawn this is Cole. Cole we are leaving."

"What's the rush? Why doesn't Cole go home and me and you can do something together." Shawn pulled me away from Cole and kissed me. When he pulled away Cole punched him in the nose. I stumbled back into Cole and laughed. Shawn was on the ground staring up at us with a shocked look on his face. Cole smiled at him and kissed me. I smiled at Shawn and his face practically turned into a tomato. Cole took my hand and we ran to his house.

When we got to his house Gramp's truck was parked in the alley. I ran into his house and Gramps was standing there with wide eyes. I saw Grams staring at the bed and I hit my head. She looked over at us but her eyes stuck on Cole.

"It wasn't me I promise. Look if we go back to the house I can explain it."

"Explain what? I know it wasn't you but that means someone else is in his life."

"There isn't anyone in my life right now." We all looked at him and he smiled. "Except for Arctic." I let out a breath and tapped his head like he was a dog. Grams walked out of his house but Gramps stayed with us. There was an awkward silence between us so I cleared my throat and Gramps left.

Cole didn't say much the rest of the night but it was still fun. He pulled out a bunch of board games and movies from a cabinet. I looked at my phone and saw that it was 2 a.m.

"I think I should go home. It's really late."

"You can't drive this late. How about you sleep on the bed and I sleep on the couch?"

"You won't be comfortable though."

"It doesn't matter. I am part wolf remember?" I nodded and he bent over the table and kissed my head. He stood up and walked over to his closet. He pulled out two blankets and threw one at me. I got up and walked over to the curtain and pulled a pair of pajamas off the pile. I heard my phone ring right when I walked into the bathroom but Cole answered it for me.

"Hello? No she's not here. I don't know where she is. Ok. Bye." He hung up the phone and I knew the person on the other line was still talking.

"Who was that? Mona's parents?"

"No it was some guy looking for you."

"Shawn!"

"Yeah sweetheart?" We both looked at the front door and growled at Shawn. Cole was about to walk over there when I got an idea. I knew Cole wouldn't like it but I was going to have fun.

"Sweetheart! How are you babe? I'm so sorry Cole punched you." I walked over to Shawn and gave him a kiss on the lips. He didn't look at all shocked but Cole eyes were ready to kill. He was just standing there with his mouth open and red eyes.

I pulled back from Shawn and looked over at Cole. I look at him with an 'I've got a plan' look and I hope he gets it. He slowly nods and walks up to us.

"You guys have fun. I knew we weren't mates anyways." Shawn growls at him and pulls me into him in a defensive way. I lean into Shawn and we walk out of Cole's house. I see Shawn's car next to my truck and he pulls me to the back. He looks at me and kisses my neck. I realize what he wants and try to push him off me. He doesn't budge and I scream when he bites my neck, trying to mark me.

Out of the corner of my eye I can see Cole's wolf walk out from behind the car. Shawn growls against my neck and looks over at Cole. He backs up slightly but I take that as my opportunity and I kick Shawn in his manly hood. He yells and falls to his knees holding his crotch. I run with Cole away from the alley and to the tree line at the edge of town.

We keep running but I feel one of Shawn's arms wrap around my waist and the other wrap around my neck. He tightens his grip and my vision falters. I get light headed and right before everything goes black I see Cole turn around and stare at us with a scared look in his eyes.

_____________________________________________________________________________

sorry i haven't posted in a while I've been busy with stuff. I'll try to post tomorrow but dont hate if I don't. Thank you to everyone who has read my book. It makes me feel confident with my writing. <3 u guys!! -spiritwolf23