Fight Club pt.2

Justin's P.O.V

I followed for a while, not really knowing where I was going but every once in a while I would find a footprint. I continued walking farther and farther from home, getting lost in my surroundings. Suddenly, a crash and stumble sounded in the brush a few feet ahead of me. A blur of blue and black flashed like a lightning bolt and I jumped. Laughter floated past my ears. It was them. The boy and the girl. I picked up the pace, starting to run towards the sounds of footsteps and laughter. As I began to grow out of breath, I heard a voice yell. "I won!" a girls voice echoed. More joyful sounds sounded then they vanished into thin air. I stumbled further around some brush and over a small hill until I saw a cave peeking out behind three pine trees. I jogged lightly, reaching the side and peering cautiously around. They must have come this way, I thought stepping inside the empty cavern. I circled the crevice, looking for something, anything. I continued to the very back before walking straight towards the entrance. My foot caught on to something in the floor and I landed flat on my face. Sitting up and rubbing my nose, I reached down and brushed some pine needles out of the way to find a thick piece of rope. I grabbed it, yanking hard and suddenly the wall in front of me began to move. It slid up with a metallic, grinding noise and the thumping sound of music came from the opening. "Oh my god", I whispered to myself. There was kids everywhere. Children of all ages from 8years old to what looked like 19.The music thumped loudly on one side of the club, slowly leaking into the other. From what I could see, there were three big circles. I nudged my way through the crowded area to reach a snack bar of sorts. I pondered over which side I should go to. I stuck my head above the younger kids around me and searched for the boy and the girl I had seen in the woods but instead I made eye contact with a girl around my age. I lost her in the crowd then suddenly she was right there next to me. "Hey you. You smell new. You're new aren't you? What pack are you from? You know what I don't really want to know. It just makes it a little more fun. Anyway, are you here for anyone? Like a fight I mean? I am talking so much sorry. What is your name stranger?" She spoke so fluidly I was almost knocked off my feet. She paused and stared at me and I almost missed the question. "I-I'm Justin. And I'm sorry did you say fight?" She giggled lightly and grabbed my arm. "Yeah silly. It is a fight club after all. I'm Marly by the way. Nightshade pack". Suddenly, we were in front of large ring with lots of unruly teenagers yelling insane profanities at two girls. Marly pulled me closer to the edge of the ring. "Ohh!",she squealed,"That's Cora! She's number one in girls right now, well I mean, number one forever. Her and her brother rule this place basically. They built this place for people like us, just to let off some steam or meet people in a place our parents don't control us". She looked downcast when she said that last bit. I wonder why. She looked at me then perked right up. "But anyway, he's there in the front row and she's in the ring with Maria". I looked first at the ring to watch as a large girl jumped at the girl from the woods. I almost shrieked at them as the large girl smashed into a wall. The girl from the woods twisted on her feet, striking the other girl right in the jaw. The larger girl screamed and barreled into girl..Cora. A sickening crack was heard as the larger girl threw her against the side of the concrete area. The crowd went silent as Cora lay against the ground unmoving. Movement caught my eye from the side of the arena but I didn't look at it. The larger girl..Maria I think that's her name.. smiled at the crowd, her face bloodied and her body cut. Oh my god. She killed her! I thought. Suddenly, out of nowhere, Cora was on Maria's back, crashing her into the ground. Her fists hit over and over again, her right arm hanging from her side limp. Maria had stopped fighting at this point, blood beginning to pool near her head. "Somebody stop her!" I cried but no one heard me. "Don't worry, the guards are here now and her brother". I looked back to focus on the movement near the other side of the ring. A small group of older kids had jumped over the ledge and were attempting to pull Cora off Maria but nothing seemed to be working. Another figure stepped into the arena and grabbed Cora. She struggled against him and he pushed her against the wall. Hard. They appeared to be deep in discussion before walking off as Cora waved with her left hand towards the crowds. People cheered but I was focused on the other person next to her. "Marly, who's that? Next to Cora, I mean", I asked. "Oh that's her brother. That's Raegan", she stated before turning to find her friends.

                                    Raegan.                                         The boy from the woods was called Raegan.