andre burakovsky ---> surprise

requested: andre burakovsky imagine @ari-yancova

a/n: sorry this took so long! i had a writers block thing and had trouble writing. hope you enjoy this! always accepting requests

warnings: one mention of anxiety.

** ** ** ** ** **

it had been two weeks since you last spoke to burky. you had gotten in a terrible fight that led to him pushing you to the floor and you running out the door, and you hated to admit it, but you missed that boy so much. you had ignored the endless phone calls and text messages from him, trying to block out any memory of him at all. but you couldn't handle you're aching heart anymore. that's when you decided you would go surprise him at his playoff game tonight.

       it was game 6 against the leafs, and if the caps won this game then they would advance to the next round. you were so nervous to go see him. what if he had forgotten about you or didn't want to see you? you were having doubts, but your heart told you to go with your gut. so you walked out the door with your number 65 jersey on and you're stomach in knots.

       when you got the arena you felt your heart pounding through your chest. you finally found your seat after grabbing a slice of pizza and spotted him. the boy whom you loved and had ran out on just a short two weeks ago was down there on the ice, no more than 50 feet away from you. you patiently stayed in your seat watching his every move, until it was time for puck drop.

      he moved so swiftly with the puck, gliding past defenders like it was no problem. after what felt like years of cheering and screaming for the caps, the game finally ended with the caps getting a win, which meant they moved on to round 2. you were so happy for them, and burky of course, and couldn't stop jumping up and down. when they started heading back to the locker room, you felt your anxiety skyrocket as you realized it was time to go see him.

       you carefully made your way through the crowds and found the locker room exit. you sat quietly on your phone for a while, heart beating out of your chest once again. you continued taking deep breaths trying to calm yourself down. you weren't sure how he would react to seeing you after you ran out without calling or texting him back after that huge fight. you'd just hoped he'd forgive you and you could move on. but with burky, you never know.

       your confidence started to decrease as the whole team walked out, some saying hi to you, until there was no one else left. you sat on the bench for a few minutes, cursing at yourself for even showing up. you turned to walked around until you heard someone calling your name. you turned to see andre running out of the locker room toward you, his arms wide open.

       "oh my god, i thought i would never see you again. you haven't answered my calls or anything Y/N. w- what are you doing here?" he said, running out of breathe.

       "i came here to surprise you. and to apologize for how i acted. i shouldn't have just ran out on you. i should've called you back and tried to work it out because i miss you so much." you're emotions got the best of you as tears started to form in your eyes.

       "don't cry baby girl." he said softly, putting his hands on your shoulders. you missed his gentle touch. "everything's gonna be alright. i shouldn't have said those things to you in the first place, im so sorry for what i said and i have regretted it everyday since then. i miss you." he looked into your eyes and slowly leaned in, connecting his lips with yours. you pulled apart and you buried your neck in his chest.

       "im so sorry. can you forgive me?" you said.

       "im even more sorry. i will never lay another finger on you. im a terrible boyfriend and of course i forgive you im just so s-"

       "i forgive you." you said, interrupting his soon-to-be monologue.

       he looked down at you and hugged you even tighter. "im never letting you slip away again. i love you." he said, catching you by surprise. you had been dating for a while, but neither of you had told the other 'i love you'. you two had never admitted it to each other before, and you couldn't believe he finally said it. you met his gaze as you lightly ran your fingers through his hair.

       "you love me?" you smiled, finding it hard to believe.

       "always have. and what's not there to love and adore? you're beautiful, so smart, understanding, caring, and you just, understand me more than anyone. you're always there. im just- im crazy about you." he turned away, attempting to make sure you didn't see him blushing.

       "i love you too. a lot." you reassured him. he instantly smiled, brightening up the whole room. he put his hands on your waist, picked you up in the air, and started spinning you around like a ballerina or ice dancer. it felt incredible to be with him again, and have him be so understanding of the situation. once he put you down, you interlocked fingers as he went to grab his hockey bag with his other hand. 

       "let's go back home? i'll cook your favorite meal." he said, as if he's trying to win you back over.

       "if by 'cook' you mean order chinese food, microwave it for 15 seconds, and pretend like you made it, then yes." you laughed. you loved burky, but god was he a terrible cook. he stopped dead in his tracks and started staring at you. "what's wrong?" you ask in utter confusion.

       "you're just- so beautiful. and ive missed your humor too." he said. you started blushing, hoping he didn't notice. you placed a small kiss on his nose and told him how much you missed him as well. with your fingers still intertwined, he squeezed your hand as you continued walking to the car.

       you were so unbelievably happy to be back with burky. you were also secretly touched that he just won a playoff game that's now sending them into the 2nd round, and all he could talk about was you.

      "god im so lucky." you said to him as you both entered the car, prepared to go home and enjoy burky's delicious 'homemade' meal.