auston matthews ---> since when were we ever friends?

requested: no

       a/n: i love writing angsts?? idk why but i thought this ending was kinda cute-ish even tho i make auston look like a dick ):

       warnings: sexual references    

**        **        **         **         **         **         ** 

       it was safe to say you and mitch marner were best friends. you've been inseparable since you were both nine years old. you knew his parents, he invited you to his draft, and he always asked you to tag along with him to team dinners and get togethers. there was nothing more than a friendship between the two of you, which made you look at the other guys on his team. you knew it was wrong, but you always caught yourself staring at auston matthews. number 34, center for the toronto maple leafs; mitch's other best friend.

       no matter how much you thought you loved auston, he was nothing but a dick to you; always calling out your flaws, giving you looks of disgust, making fun of you whenever possible, and always questioning how the hell mitch would ever befriend someone like you. you'd been in love with auston since the day mitch introduced you two. but you couldn't handle how rude auston was to you. now, you refused to attend anything with mitch that you know auston would be at, which made things a hell of a lot harder on mitch.

       and whenever you and auston were in the same room, it was nothing but constant yelling, arguing, and whispering rude comments under each other's breath, making the whole "team get together" quite uncomfortable. it was impossible for you to be in the same room together. so when mitch invited you to a team dinner saturday night, you had to ask who would be there.

       "kapi, morgan, willy, freddy. not a lot of the guys are coming." mitch said as you stood in the mirror, observing how hot you look in your black dress. you turned to face him and his girlfriend, steph, and stared at them until they finally understood.

       "he's gonna be there." steph said, not looking at you. you felt a sigh escape your body as you took one more look in the mirror, preparing to take it all off. "please come. we promise we'll have you sit at opposite ends of the table. it's just been so long since we've all gotten together with you. we miss you." steph was so convincing.

       "okay. but as soon as he says one rude or sarcastic comment to me, im out." you stated. mitch and steph shook their heads. they were the only two people in the world who knew your true feelings for auston, but also how much you hated him at the same time. you had always thought about telling auston, thinking maybe he won't be so mean if he knew the truth. but deep down you knew that he would just make fun of you for it.

       once you got the restaurant, your eyes lingered around looking for him, but you couldn't find him. maybe he won't be here after all. you kept scanning the room, connecting eyes with another one of your close friends, willy. you nearly ran up to him as he held his arms open.

       "hey y/n! i haven't seen you in so long!" willy laughed.

       "i know i know. how've you been?" you were so excited to see willy, he was someone you were able to open up to and he always listened. it felt right to be with him again.

       "good, hockey's been good. what about you? i mean, you look so good." you blushed at his comments.

       "you look good too w-" and thats when you saw him. the one and only auston matthews walked through the door and you felt your stomach in knots. willy saw him as well, and had you sit in between him and steph. all the guys went over and greeted auston as you sat in your chair in silence, already planning your escape.