Prologue

She stared down at the two pink lines. Must've stared at them for hours because there were suddenly sounds indicating someone else moving around in the house, and her parents were at work. Well, one of them were obviously home now, but she still couldn't fathom to move from her spot on her bed, still staring at the lines. What the hell had she done? And how the fuck had she been so stupid? She heard steps in the stairs now, knowing who it was immediately. Tears started streaming down her cheeks because... well, because!

"Katie?" her mom opened her door and she couldn't be in herself to look up at her mother.

Not even her mom's gasp, at seeing her tears, made her look up. Her eyes were strained to those to damn pink lines. She didn't even know if her mom saw the object in her hands or not, somewhere deep down she hoped she didn't. But at the same time she wanted her mom so badly to know what's wrong without her having to say anything.

"What's wrong?" her question was concerned, and it didn't take long before her mom was sitting beside her in her bed to wrap her arms around her. "Katie, what's wro..." when her mom's voice died she knew she'd seen the object, and the lines.

She mentally prepared herself for the scolding, thinking her mom would pull away from her as if she was cursed. She didn't want her mom's safe arms to disappear from her, but she prepared her body for it. All she could think about was how her parents would hate her, how they would call her a disgrace to their family. Her mom's next words therefore shocked her to no means.

"Awe Katie, we'll figure this out baby, together. Don't cry, you'll be fine, you'll both be fine."