Chapter 13- The cycle

Dominique's POV
This cycle has GOT to stop. It's not healthy. I stay up till 12, Jahi kisses me, I fall asleep. It's unhealthy. I think.

2 more daysss. Kmsss.

I wish I didn't have to leave.

I started packing but laid out an outfit for today and tommorow.

I started crying. I cry too often.
(probably cause I'm a Pisces)

By the time I was done crying my eyes were a soft red.

Dani: COME BAAAAAACK

Dani: I will spam u if you don't come

Dani:skakalakdjpwidhf

Dani:pwjedpdh

Dani:oeosjdhdcbxb

Dom: I'm here geez

Dani: why haven't you been texting me?

Dom: I've been busy.

Dani: -_-

Dani: doing wat

Dom: we're dating now.

Dani: ? What? Don't tell me you mean w/ Jahi... do you

Dom: yes..

Dani: I just can't with you right now

[Dani left the group chat.]

Dom: ugh 😐

This did not help at all, I just cried more.

I thought she was my BFFOMTOOUM! Best friend forever or maybe till one of us move.

I didn't bother checking the time or going to get ready or anything. All I want to do is go back in time where I never won this stupid contest to meet the idiot himself.

I shouldn't be blaming this on him. It's all my fault.

I'm the one who entered the stupid entry form. I'm the one who fell in love with Jahi. I'm the one who my own best friend hates. I'm the one who let it get too far. I'm the one who deserves the stupid blame.

All these thoughts are worrying me to the point where I started crying. I cry so, so much. I wish I was someone else. Someone brave, kind, creative.

But I'm just me. Dominique. I even have an ugly name. A word to describe all of me.

                      Ugly.

I get up and stand at the staircase. I hold my arms out and tilt myself towards the bottom of the stairs with my toes all while holding on to the rail.

I let go.

I start to fall, but someone catches me from behind.

They rap they're arms around my waist, a familiar feeling and pick me up, to then carry me.

I curl up into a ball and start crying.

I'm taken to a familiar room, yet so blurry, and put to bed.

I still don't know who this is but they feel my head as if I'm sick, then tuck me into they're bed. I fall asleep under the impression that I'm in my room, sleeping.

*4 hours later*

I see a someone hunched over me and looking at me, but I can't quite make out who she/he is.

"I had a dream that I was a leaf, and so was everyone else, and my best leaf friend left me and she said that she hated my leafy guts and then someone ripped me apart and everyone started calling me broken and I don't even remember anymore. I feel so... I don't know, but I can't explain the feeling, if that makes sense." Soon enough the blurry cleared up.

Mom?

It was my mom leaning over me the whole time... but who packed my stuff? I wasn't ready to leave him, is he ok, what happend?

"I never said you could go." She said.

"What?" "Your grounded. For 3 months" " No!" I got out of bed and started running towards light.

It was a long run.

I jumped into the light, and right that second I KNEW I was in reality cause I was tucked into Jahi's bed and he was blushing...?

"Are you real?" I asked

"Uh, yeah" he said

"What happened? The last thing I remember was me jumping somewhere."

"I don't wanna get that horrible sight back in my head."

I looked at him confused.

"Just don't ever do it again. Please."

"Do what?"

He kissed me.

"I shouldn't kiss you again?"

"Never mind"

"?"