XLII: Poetic Justice

I uploaded a new story, read it when you get a chance :))) or don't. No pressure. (This is me pressuring you to do it)

Kimberly

Next week, 2 days until the trip.

"Kimberly, my love. I have written you a poem." Jermaine said dramatically entering my room.

I was currently packing both mine and his bag for the trip, he insisted I'd let him do it...but lord knows he'd just make it a big mess.

"A poem Jermaine? Really."

"Yes really, I'm going to read it to you now." He said unfolding the piece of paper in his hand. He is a fool. He cleared his throat and began reading,

"Kimberly. You are beautiful like the ocean. And smooth,.....like lotion-"

"Ok I've heard enough. That's horrible." I said starting to laugh.

"No no you ain't let me finish. I'm a great poet, you might as well call me Jermaine Angelou."

"Considering you compared me to lotion...I think not."

"Trust me it gets better let me continue." He said before looking down at the paper again.

"You're the most perfect woman I have ever saw. You make me want...to go in raw."

"Jermaine!!"

"Let me finish!" He said, then continuing to read.

"I love how you're so brave and outspoken, and I thank the gods...that you're fan was broken."

He looked up at me and smiled, awaiting my reaction.

"What the hell was that?" I asked holding back my laughter.

"My poem. Did you like it?"

"It was...something." I said avoiding the yes or no answer.

"Yeah, I know you like romantic things so I wrote it for you."

"That's romantic to you? You make me want to go in raw? What drugs were you on when you wrote that?" I said no longer containing my laughs.

"I wrote what I felt. It was actually beautiful if I do say so myself."

"Ha...Jermaine Angelou my ass.." I said zipping up the packed suitcases. If that's his poem I can't imagine what his wedding vows would be like..not saying we're getting married, but you know.

"I'm so ready for Miami. I wanna fuck you on the beach."

"You've been so nasty lately, chill out." I said shaking my head.

Jermaine

I'm glad me and Kim have moved pass the issue we'd had and we're focusing on the good time we're about to have. I won't lie, it was kind of still in the back of my mind, but by now I knew not to bring it up again.

Today's Saturday, and we leave Monday. If I could act right until then, this vacation would go smoothly.

"I can't wait to meet your siblings and your cousin-"

"My cousin ain't all that." I said defensively.

"Uhh ok? But I'm excited to get to know your family."

"They ain't nothing special Kim, don't get all excited."

I don't think I've ever said anything positive about anyone in his family besides my aunt. Kim refuses to believe they're ALL unpleasant like I tell her, because she has to be all optimistic about shit.

"Not to you they're not, but I have only met Ryan and Audrey and they're pretty cool."

"Don't lie to yourself..Audrey was rude to you and Ryan is weird."

"Oh stop being so negative Jermaine. This is gonna be fun." She said pushing my shoulder.

"I'm just saying. Now if you'll excuse me, I have more poems to write."

Adrianna

"But Lang Lang..."

"No no no. It'd be too awkward if since I know both of them."

I was practically begging Langston to double date with Kim and her boyfriend, I know Kim and Langston don't exactly get along, but I was dying to shove how happy I am in my relationship in her face.

"But it'll be fun! Don't you want to brag about how happy we are...?" I asked smiling at him.

"I don't really care about all that baby...but even if I did how would you get Kim to agree to something like that?"

"Oh please she won't mind."

I tried to convince myself that all this wasn't because I was jealous of Kimberly, but I was. I want what she has!

I decided to text her,

Double date at Tongue and Groove ?

She responded almost instantly with,

Sorry can't. I'm going to Miami with Jermaine.

Miami?! I screamed and threw my phone across the room.

"They're going to Miami!! Why don't you take me on vacations?!"

"Well Adrianna they've been together for a while, we haven't. Why are you so worried about them anyway? Let's focus on us.."

"Bullshit! Take me on vacation Langston! And make it better than Miami. I..I want to go to Hawaii." I said smiling thinking of how jealous Kim would be.

"I'm not taking you to Hawaii, stop acting like a kid-"

"Stop being a cheap bastard and maybe I wouldn't act like a kid."

"I- you-  baby listen to me. You shouldn't be  comparing us to them, but even if you do you gotta look on the bright side. Yeah they got a lil relationship but come on..why would you want to be like them? Jermaine is a fucking repair man for Pete's sake.."

"Ha..I guess you're right. And Kimberly is a bald headed hoe." I said laughing.

"And Jermaine drives that dusty ass pick up truck! They both suck, who cares if they're happy together."

I chuckled and silence overcame the both of us.
It made me feel better to laugh about how Kimberly and Jermaine ain't all that..but I couldn't shake the feeling of desire to feel what she'd felt when she came to work and went on and on about a time they'd shared together, that wasn't something I felt with Langston.

a/n:

Langston and Adrianna hella miserable shitting on Kim and Jermaine like that 😐 I'm offended and I'm the one who wrote it

Heyyy you should FOllow me because I have new things coming (I'm basically begging you at this point)