Chapter 8

I was being checked on by Simmons when Lincoln came to check on me though it was awkward not to be in my body.

"I can't believe that Aida would take your body........I mean this body is human now," Lincoln said.

"It may be human but trust me when I say that this was made with the help of the Darkhold," I said.

"Aida knows you'd never attack your sister as long as she controls her body," Daisy said.

"How do we stop Aida from using my body to murder people and put the blame on me?" I asked.

"Simple, Lincoln kills you and Aida at the same time," Coulson said.

"Say what?!"

"Coulson, I don't think that's a good idea," Daisy argued.

"Look, what other options do we have?" May asked.

"Wait, she stopped one of the officers from shooting me after taking my body........she needs this body as much as I need mine," I said.

"What are you talking about?" 

"Think about it......you took me in instead of shooting, she killed every officer that came after me in the video and she might be using my body to defend herself from-"

I remembered how Robbie was coming back to get Aida and the Darkhold so we went looking for Ghost Rider when my wrist was burning. 

"Alex, what's wrong?" Lincoln asked.

"Robbie's back and I think he met with Aida in my body by the looks of things," I groaned

I saw Robbie in Ghost Rider form so Daisy and Lincoln kept me away from him until he was normal again.

"Damn it, I was too late to stop the body switch, was I?!" Robbie growled.

"That hurt by the way," I mentioned.

"The book has told her too much.......we need to get it and get Alex back in her body," he said.

"How? Ghost Rider wants to roast me like a turkey before I get the chance of even getting it back!" I snapped.

"Let's hope we can find Aida before she goes to attack Talbot," Coulson said.

We all went to the plane while Robbie and I were alone in the back while the others were preparing for the fight.

"Are you at least happy about being with Lincoln again?" Robbie asked.

"Yeah but not in Aida's body like it's weird," I said.

"Alex, I thought you were-"

"Robbie!" I panicked.

He realized that he nearly grabbed me without remembering that he couldn't touch me.

"I can't even hold your hand because of that stupid android, Aida!" Robbie said angrily.

"I will get my body back no matter what," I said.

"We found her but how do we take her down without killing Alex in the process?" May asked.

"Let's get her first, then we take care the body switch," Coulson said.

"Coulson, could we talk alone?" I asked.

We were off to get Aida who was in my body after making a deal with Coulson and we cornered her but I knew and she knew that no one would be able to stop her without hurting me. 

"Come on, Lincoln.......hurt me or are you afraid that it might cost your sister her life," Aida mocked.

"Of course he won't........but she would risk it to stop you," Coulson said.

I used one of Aida's ability to knock Lincoln out while I quickly grabbed Aida as Coulson turned into Ghost Rider and wrapped the chain around us.

"Sir, don't!!!!"

"Alex, NO!!!!" Daisy screamed.

"Tell my brother that I'm sorry," I cried.

Aida and I both screamed in pain as Aida's body disintegrated completely so everything went black.

-Outside-

Ghost Rider Coulson grabbed Alex's body before anything as Daisy finally got the door to open and Lincoln realized what happened. Coulson turned back to normal so he could explain what he was talking about with Alex before everyone left to stop Aida.

"She chose to sacrifice her chances at living so we'd bring down Aida and get the Darkhold back," Coulson said.

Lincoln held her tight as he knew that she might've been gone for good.

"I'm so sorry, Lincoln," Daisy said.

"Where's Alex?" 

Robbie came and realized Alex's body was laying in Lincoln's arms so he knelt down to kiss Alex's forehead.

"See you in the afterlife," Robbie whispered.

He was walking away when Alex took a deep breath and they had to calm her down from the sudden awakening from the dead.

"Alex, calm down!"

"Oh my god.........that was an experience I don't need to happen again," I breathed.