4/5

It was the 76th day of being Louis' boyfriend (not that Harry actually counted the days, because that'd be weird and definitely not something he would do... obviously) when Harry finally felt courageous enough to take it to the next level. Louis was amazing to him – they still argued and they weren't perfect, but Harry felt complete when he was around Louis. Things were great.

They were sitting in Harry's living room together, Harry's parents still at work and the tv only a vague background noise. There was a special news report on, something about boys who went missing. Harry only had eyes for Louis.

"How do you sign I love you?" Harry asked, by now already used to talking a bit calmer and articulating better. The way Louis stared at his mouth sometimes still made him feel hot and achy, though, because Louis would sometimes randomly lean forward while Harry was still talking to kiss him.

A look of bewilderment overcame Louis before he slowly lifted his hands and showed him. Harry grinned and lifted his hands as well.

I love you too, he signed, and he watched as Louis' eyes grew comically wide before he started laughing. On the TV, the faces of Zayn, Niall, and Liam and a phone number for those who may want to tip the police anonymously came on.

"You little shit!" Louis exclaimed with an amused tone in his voice. Harry was by now used to the way Louis spoke. It was like he had an accent rather than that he was incapable of hearing himself speak. Harry admired him for not only this but the way he was coping with everyone's ignorance as well. He really did love his boyfriend and everything that Louis was and stood for. Harry may be brave, but Louis was intelligent and strong, and that counted a lot more.

Harry shrugged and leaned forward to press a kiss against Louis' lips.

You love me, Harry signed. Louis shrugged.

I signed it, so it must be true.

On the TV, Zayn's crying mother was being interviewed by a zealous reporter.

~

For as much as Harry loved the innocence of their relationship, he was forced to acknowledge that there were much darker parts of himself and Louis that he loved to explore.

When he was making out with Louis and heard the noises Louis released when he thought Harry didn't hear (or maybe he wasn't even aware of it?), when he felt Louis' hard cock rub along his own through the fabrics of their pants as they rocked their hips together, Harry wanted nothing more but to go further.

Harry told himself to give it time, to try to fight it off but this was proving to be more difficult than he had hoped it would be because Louis was sexy. He could tell Louis' desire for him was growing too with each passing day if the way he gripped his ass and kissed him hungrily was any indication.

Harry wanted to give his virginity to Louis. He just wondered when would be the right time, because he didn't want his parents walking in on them and he wasn't sure if Louis' parents were okay with Harry staying over. He didn't really want to bring it up, either.

Louis' fingers were tracing circles on his thighs and Harry felt his cock twitch in his pants, his back to Louis' chest. Louis hummed and kissed the back of his head. I want you to fuck me seemed too crude, and I want you inside of me seemed just... weird. Harry didn't know how to bring it up but he did know he was ready.

So for now Harry just settled into Louis' chest and sighed, bringing up his hand and kissing all of his knuckles.

"Harry?" Louis asked softly. Harry paused before he turned around, looking him in the eye. The way Louis said his name was precious because no one had ever said it like he did – every word Louis said was thought through, meaningful. He added profound depth to something as insignificant as Harry's first name and it often made Harry's head spin.

There was an odd sort of expression in Louis' eyes, the same he had worn when Zayn had been pushing him around and been calling him names. Harry's brows drew together and he sat up a bit straighter.

"Yeah?" he asked hesitantly, in a worried tone. Louis' lips moved but there was no sound and Louis kept frowning to himself the way he always did when he thought Harry wasn't aware. He stayed like that for a couple of heartbeats before he sighed.

"...Never mind," Louis finally said.

Harry blinked a bit, frowning. He didn't like the way Louis was looking right now but he didn't want to push his boyfriend. He knew how angry Louis could get if he'd do that.

Harry sighed as well and cupped Louis' cheeks in his hands before kissing him. He smiled against his lips as he brushed their noses together.

"Love you," Harry mumbled even though Louis couldn't read his lips like this. For a moment it felt like Louis could hear properly when he mumbled a soft "I love you" as well. Inwardly, it made Harry happy to know that their minds were so much alike.

One day, when he'd look back on this, he'd realize he's been entirely delusional to think this.