Tomb Raider: Lara Croft x Male!Reader

This was requested by Azureman136 on DeviantArt!
Hope you enjoy!
(Y/N)=Your name
(N/N)=Nickname

------------------------------------------

      "The Holy Grail. From myths, it's described as a cup, dish, or stone with miraculous powers that provide happiness, eternal youth or sustenance in infinite abundance. In Christianity, it is known as the very same cup Jesus drank from during the Last Supper. Egyptians believe it was once given to them by the gods while they were suffering from famine. Because of the Egyptian legend, others believe that it could produce whatever drink or food you could imagine. Currently, it is considered to be held somewhere in an old temple, deep in the valleys of northern Spain"

     Lara Croft was an intelligent, athletic, and beautiful archaeologist. Famous for venturing through dangerous tombs/ruins from all over the world and for discovering amazing artifacts and treasures. This amazing woman also just so happened to be your girlfriend and currently, you both were searching for the Holy Grail together. Lara and you have been researching for over a year about the Holy Grail together and you found a possible location! Northern Spain. Before you knew it, Lara had already got a plane for the both of you to travel there. "I'm so excited! I didn't think I'd every be searching for something like this!" You heard Lara yell from the other side of the Manor. You smiled, listening to her ramble on with her adorable accent about the adventure you were about to go on.
     "Don't worry, babe. I'm just as excited as you are!" You hollered back, laughing. A few hours later you both were sitting in the plane, side by side, hand in hand. You glanced out the window, noticing you were close to landing. Looking back at Lara, you couldn't help but quietly laugh. She was asleep with her mouth hanging open, a little bit of drool coming out of her mouth. You quickly snapped a picture before you woke her up. "Hey, we're about to land. Come on,  get up." You said, nudging her.
      After another few hours, you both ventured out to the valleys of northern Spain. At midnight sharp, you both set up camp. From previous adventures, you both decided to take shifts watching camp throughout the night, you taking the first 2 hours. Luckily, that whole night didn't have any problems, so you both could venture on without too much worry. At least, that's what you thought. It took you both around 2 days to find a small trail leading to the temple, and that's where you met problems. The two amazing statues lined up near the front of the temple just so happened to be the temple's guardians. They were giant dog-headed/human-bodied creatures, also known as "Cynocephalies" (A Cynocephaly is originally from Greek and Egyptian myths, but is also mentioned in other religions as well, if you know the Egyptian god 'Anubis', he is a lot like these creatures).
      Seconds after taking pictures of them for evidence, one of the giant statues grabbed Lara. She screamed as you yelled, "HEY! DAMMIT!" You grabbed the closest thing to throw at it, which happened to be a pretty big rock. It distracted the guardian, dropping Lara, only for it to come after you. You ran, picked up Lara bridal style and ran into the temple. "SHIT!" You yelled, almost tripping. The guardians followed you in. "Put me down, (Y/N)! I can run!" Lara said, jumping from your arms. You were a bit faster than her, so you grabbed her hand and ran down the steps, which led you into the catacombs of the temple. 
      The guardians were still close behind. The catacombs was a huge maze and any wrong turn meant death for the both of you because those guardians were not going to stop. Your lungs were screaming for you to stop, but your brain was telling you to run for your god damn life. Lara seemed to be slowing down from exhaustion, so you quickly threw her over your shoulder, continuing to run. "I CAN RUN, (Y/N)!" She yelled, punching your back. "YOU'RE NOT AS FAST AS ME, LARA, YOU KNOW THAT, IT'S FINE, I'LL CARRY YOU." You yelled back between breaths. Her heart was pounding and you could hear it, she could probably hear yours too. 
     As if this situation wasn't already bad, it turned worse. You hit a dead end. "S-shit." You stopped, putting Lara down. You stood in front of her as you turned around to face the guardians. "Lara, please tell me you know anything in Spanish that relates to guardians and stopping them." You said, panting. "U-um..okay, I'll think of as many sayings as I can." She was panting too, as the guardians approached you both. You pulled out your shotgun and began to shoot at them as Lara yelled different things in Spanish. "Um... DETENER! (STOP!)" She yelled, but the guardians continued forward. "ALTO! (STOP!)" Again, she yelled, but they still stomped towards the both of you.  "POR FAVOR DEJE DE! (PLEASE STOP!)" But they kept coming. They were about to grab you when she yelled, "PARAR AHORA! VETE! (STOP NOW! GO AWAY!)."
     They froze. Then they stood straight up, turned around, and returned to their positions at the front of the temple. "Holy shit..." You said, letting out a sigh of relief. "What'd you say?" You asked her, turning to face her. "Parar ahora. Vete. Meaning, 'Stop now. Go away.' I have no idea if it was one or the other or both, but it worked and I hope we don't meet anything else like that." She replied, also sighing from relief. "Thank you for your protection, (N/N)." She said, kissing your cheek. You smiled, "No problem, babe." Kissing her. "Now lets go find that Holy Grail." You said, taking her hand to find your way through the catacombs.
     After hours and hours of searching your way through the giant maze, you both found various rooms full of different things, from either gold, snakes, or other scary ass monsters, there was no sign of the Holy Grail. "Maybe it's not here?" You suggested. "Then what were the guardians protecting? I mean the gold kind of makes sense, but they were too....too extreme for just some piles of gold, don't you think?" She replied. "Yeah...I don't know what then. Should we keep looking or head back?" You asked. "Well, we're already here, are we not? Lets see if we can find something...that isn't going to kill us." She said, laughing. 
     Another hour or so was when you finally found a big door. It looked almost like church doors, with golden doorknobs and silver decorations. Slowly, you both opened the doors, you following Lara very close behind. There it was, the Holy Grail, up on an alter at the center of the room. It looked like a big goblet, made of gold. "I have a feeling that if we move it from that spot, we're either going to be trapped, killed, or everything in between." You told her. "That is true, but there's also the possibility that it does nothing." She said, obviously joking. You both approached the object cautiously. Looking inside of it, it was perfectly clean, almost seemed untouched. You reached out to touch it, only for Lara to swipe your hand away. "Don't touch it!" She whisper-yelled. "Yeah, yeah." You replied, rolling your eyes. 
     You both observed the area around the room, looking for traps. You looked around the altar as well, only to find nothing. "Well, it doesn't look like there's any traps and shit..." You mumbled to yourself. "You find anything?" You asked Lara. "Nope. Nothing. Maybe it isn't booby trapped." She said. "Alright, well I want you to wait outside the room, in case it is a trap. I'll grab it and run." You said. "Why you?" She asked, annoyed. "Because I love you and I'd rather be trapped than have you trapped." You said, wrapping your arms around her. She sighed, "Fine. But please make it out if there is one, call for help too." She said before kissing you. 
     Your heart pounded in your chest as Lara left and you approached the Holy Grail again. "Well, here goes nothing." You were so nervous, Lara probably could hear your heartbeat from outside the door. Cautiously, you put your hand around the goblet, seeing if touching it would do anything. Nothing. Carefully picking it up, the ground started to shake. You put it back down quickly and the ground stopped. "Lara!" You hollered. "Yeah?" She poked her head through the door. "This place will crumble on top of us if we take it. There's no way in hell we'll find our way back in time." You said, disappointed. "Dammit." She replied. "I guess a picture lasts longer, eh?" You said, laughing. She smiled in return. "Alright, I guess it'll have to do for now. At least until we find a way to actually get it." She said, determined. "That'll have to be for another time, come on." You said, taking a selfie of the two of you with it, then taking a photo of it for your journals.
     After finally returning home to the manor, Lara decided that you both needed to relax and she put her swimsuit on. "Hot." You said, as she walked by you. "Go get yours on, you asshole." She said, laughing. "Alright, babe, see you at the pool." You replied, winking.

Let's just say you both weren't actually swimming. Your swimsuits were off after five minutes of 'relaxing.'

 ------------------------------------------  

Sorry not sorry for the small history sections in this. I love Egyptian and Greek myths, so there was no way I wasn't going to add it into a Tomb Raider fanfiction.

Hope you enjoyed!

~Ezra