chapter 1

Disclaimer: I do not own Gilmore Girls. All original characters belong to Amy Sherman Palladino.

Thanks to my friend. ladyhemsworth90 for her help and I have enjoyed writing this with you. Hope you all like it and Enjoy. Feel free to leave feedback. This is a first time for me writing with no beta reader.

Rory Hayden was used to having a secret life. It was during her senior year she learned that her life was about to change - she would no longer be Rory Gilmore. The hardest part of all was not being able to tell anyone about it. When time finally came it seemed to be a little too late.

Logan had given her an ultimatum of all or nothing. Before she even had the chance to explain herself he walked away. But that doesn't matter. Now she is a student at Princeton working on a law degree. She works beside her grandfather Strobe whenever time permits. She's just glad to have her best friend Tristan help her get through at all. Her journey was just starting and it is not what anyone thought it would be.

It was a cool day in October and Rory was just walking out of her government ethics class and she decided she needed some coffee since she has a long paper to write for her class. When she gets near the coffee cart she sees her best friend waiting for her with a large black coffee.

"Hey Tris, it looks like you beat me here today." Rory said as she takes the large cup of coffee and takes a big drink.

"Well, I know how you Gilmore girls can not sustain through the day without your precious elixir," he laughs as he watches her drink the whole cup.

"You know me too well Tris," Rory told him as she throws the cup in the nearby trash bin.

"That I do. We have only know each other since High School," he reminded her

"I know and the first time you were really annoying and it made me crazy that you always called me Mary, but I'm used to it and I think it's kind a cute Tristan...", she nodded with a big grin.

"Yeah, it did but I only because I had a huge crush on you back then, but I didn't know how to express myself, so I resorted to third grade tactics." He told her with a hearty laugh.

"When I think of Paris. Oh my God, she was so freaking jealous about you and me. Although I didn't want to go out with you, because I was so in love with Dean..but Dean is history. He was my first love, but I didn't like it when somebody's possessive. I'm glad that I had got rid off him Tris..." she confides.

"Me to Mare, he was no good for you, we all knew it. What ever happened to Logan, I know we don't really speak of it much, but I was always curious?!" He asks.

"Well, Logan... I still love him, but it was so hard for me not tell him the truth about me. I wanted to tell him on my graduation day, but he wasn't really listening to me. He wanted all or nothing and before I could speak to him about it... and it was so hard for me to watch him walk away. Now he's in Palo Alto working at his new Company Helix Technologies Inc. with a few guys. I don't know...", she mused and tried to forget Logan's face which popped up in her mind.

"You know Mare, if he was that quick to walk away from everything you had, after spending three years together and you standing by him multiple times for him to be able to do his own thing, then maybe you deserve better. And just think about his family. Do you really want a guy like him who's always controlled by his daddy dearest??" He asked.

"Speaking of, do you hear from Paris anymore?" Tristan continued.

"About Paris, I haven't heard from her lately. But don't judge Logan too hard. I know he is not perfect, but he showed me so many things: Like having fun and to live your life without thinking about it too much. He was "The One"! I know, it sounds crazy, but he took my heart and never gave it back to me...", she tried to explain it and Tristan looked at her concerned. Maybe he was a little too harsh, but he didn't like it when Rory is getting hurt. It didn't matter who the person was doing it to her.