Chapter 6

“Are you waiting for someone, Miss?”  Logan questioned with a chuckle.

“Oh..oh my God, Logan! What a surprise..” she beamed and ran into his arms.

“Hey Ace, I missed you too” he replied giving her a sweet kiss on her temple .

“It’s good to see you. You can’t imagine how much I’ve missed you. How are you?” she rambled and couldn’t get enough of him.

“I'm good now that you're here.. What do you say we get out of the airport . Are you hungry?” he asked taking her bags, clasping his hand in hers, and walking out of the airport to his Porsche . They loaded everything up quickly and were pulling out of the parking lot.

“Yes I’m starved . How about a nice late lunch… Where can we get salad and burgers? I know you’re wondering why I mentioned salad, but since the diet plan is over and I can literally put anything on a bed of lettuce and call it salad, I can officially say I love salad. Can you imagine? Lorelai Leigh Hayden likes salad?!” she told him and laughed.

“My baby has gone partial health freak.” he chuckled shaking his head. “There is a diner not far from here--they have good food, might even have a burger salad . That ok with you?” he laughs.

“Absolutely, how has your day been?”

“Good, I woke up, took a shower. Then had breakfast and headed to come pick you up.” he took her hand in his, kissing her knuckles. Not long after they pulled into the parking lot of a nice little diner he asked, “You ready?” getting out of the car and opening her door for her.

“Yes, I’m ready.  When we are going to meet your grandparents?” Rory nodded, and looked at him with a warm smile. They walked into the diner taking a booth in the back.

“They will be in tomorrow to attend the gala with us. Then we have to discuss some business.” he confessed when the waitress walked up.

“ Hi I'm Amanda I will be your waitress . What can I get you to drink?” she asked smiling

“For me a Coke please and a cup of coffee also..” Rory answered.

“Same for me as well please.” Logan agreed smiling as the waitress went to get their drinks.

“Trying to make up for the time you missed with no caffeine?” He laughs as she nodded her head enthusiastically.

“... I need to tell you something before tomorrow though and I'm not sure how you're going to handle it.” Logan confessed with a sigh

“Ok, sounds serious… what's it about? Something bad?”, she asked concerned.

“Well, depends on how you look at it, Grandpa is talking with me tomorrow about taking over HPG. Mitchum has changed for the worse to say the least. Grandpa and I believe that if he gets any further off the deep end that the company will suffer for it. We were going to have a small discussion after the gala about merging Helix with HPG  and as the sole owner and heir to the company I will be able to take HPG into the digital age and help the company progress for the future. ” he looked at her waiting to see how she will take it.

“And so you’re wondering how your dad is going to react about it? What are you needing from me?” Asking in her professional tone you could tell she was in business mode. Logan could see that this was not the meek innocent Gilmore girl he used to know. This woman was truly ready for anything and was able to transition with her situation and as refreshing as seeing this transformation was, Logan was proud that he could call this incredible woman his.