Jeremiah Part I

Oh boy. This is really happening, I clenched my legs which bounced uncontrollably as the questioning begun.

"State your name."

"Jerry LeRoche."

"Your full name please."

Really? I rolled my eyes and sighed. "Jeremiah Grover LeRoche."

"Very good," she said while writing my name down. "Date of birth?"

"October 3rd, 1998." I told Dr. Suarez. "I just turned nineteen a month ago."

"How nice," she replied with a smile though it came off a bit sarcastic.

"Yeah." I nodded. "It was really great."

She wrote that down too and got more of the basic information. Then it got much deeper.

"What do you remember about Halloween?" she asked.

"Uh, which Halloween?"

"The one from a few days ago."

Oh, what do I remember? It felt like forever ago but really it wasn't even a full forty hours and All I could recall was those specs of black, distinct booming music, the smell of booze, and wobbling around. I may have fallen too, who knows?

Dr. Suarez sat there waiting as I could barely keep my eyes open with those fluorescent lights beaming down on me. It was a meteor shower of pain to my eyes and it hurt a lot. Though that pain was nowhere near as much as my bottom. Something... something happened down there and now it burnt like the sun.

I cringed at how tender it felt. Meanwhile, Dr. Suarez tapped her pen on the clipboard until I shook my head and told her the truth. "I'm sorry. It's not- it just isn't there. The memories, the things I should remember. I'm really sorry."

"That's okay." She nodded. "We have all the time in the world."

Well I can't have that, I shuddered a bit before saying, "But I don't wanna be here forever."

"I understand. That's why I will ask you about the people who may have done this to you."

"Why would anyone do this?"

"Well those people have a disease. They are very troubled and it was unfortunate this happened to you, however I feel you're dodging the question. I apologize for moving along here, but is there anybody you think would do this?"

"I have no clue who'd do this to me." I answered while staring at the ground. "Honestly, nobody comes to mind."

"Are you sure? Often, we find that many victims know their–"

"Y-yeah." I nodded profusely. I didn't like her descent into the whole victim speech. I already felt low as it was, I didn't that either. I wiped off my sweaty forehead and chuckled. "Unless I've got a whole line of unknown enemies, but that's just impossible."

She wrote on her little board and continued asking all these questions. She asked about the day, my friends, myself, my family, family history, even things that didn't matter like my professors and academic performance. It was a bombardment of words. I was a fish and her questions were the finger that tapped the glass. Everything shook inside and I was rapidly coming undone.

I checked my trembling hands and tried to stop them but they wouldn't stay still.

Dr. Suarez ignored this and kept moving forward. "Now, we can trace back the steps leading up to the assault or we could–"