11. The surprise visit

After father's death, mother took the charge of our empire as Robert was very young.

           She took response like father. Robert started his practices so. As mother said him that he would become Tekala' s king soon.

          I always used to think about father and Damon. I miss them very much.

         When father passed away, Damon used to spend more time with me. It proved me that he loves me very much.

          As I had nightmares, he used to sleep near me. He would help me in nights, when I used to scream as the dreams felt real to me.

        He would wake me up, give me water and took care of me like a father. I miss him so much and I love him.

       One morning after a bad dream I woke up saying "Father.." as I dreamt my father last night. I slowly moved towards my window and saw Damon standing out.

      I squeezed my eyes and again I peaked out of the window to confirm if it was Damon or not.

      I saw Queen Diana with him. Seeing them i was really happy. I took my bath got fresh and rushed to see them.

      I ran down the stairs but after going there i started walking casually. Seeing me, his red eyes turned glossy. He stood up from his chair and came running towards me.

      He said, "Am-Ambrosia I missed you so much my love". He gave long breaths as he was running towards me.

      I palmed his chest and asked him to relax. He relaxed himself and said, "My love i really missed you, mother came here to talk with Queen Rose about our wedding".

     His words surprised me. I was excited. Damon held my hands and took me to Queen Diana.

      She gave me a wide smile and asked, "How are you my dear daughter-in-law?". That way she asked made me turn red.

     I looked at Damon's eyes which were staring at me with a smile in his face. I said, "I am fine Queen Diana. Thank you".

      Mother asked me and Damon to sit near them. We both sat there listening to their conversation. They spoke about our wedding which was about to come.

     Queen Diana said to Mother that our wedding will be held within a month. Within a month!? I asked myself, when Damon giggled at me.

      I hit his arms with my elbow to make him stop that. He stared at me with a smile in his face and held my hands.

       Queen Diana asked mother that within a week mother, me and Robert  should come Baldwin for the preparations.

     Mother accepted and we went for lunch.

_____________

       By that evening me and Damon went for a walk in our garden. We were talking about our wedding.

       We sat under a tree and again, we started to talk. Time passed very soon and we went for having our dinner.

    After everything I went to my chamber to take rest. I dreamt of Damon getting hit by dark creatures.

     I started crying on my sleep, shouting, "Damon...! Damon....!". Damon came to wake me up when no one came.

      He woke me up and said, "Nothing sweet heart, nothing... calm down. I am here Ambrosia. I am here".

    Seeing him I hugged him saying, "Damon... y-you he-here...". He rubbed my back and said, "Yes, I am here, for you my love. I won't leave you. Don't worry okay?".

        I said, "Mmm... I love you Damon". He kissed my forehead saying, "I love you too Ambrosia".

    The next day they went Baldwin.