Lies

Warning: mention of abuse ahead, I know this can trigger some people, so read at your own discretion.

You awoke almost an hour later to the sound of two men talking. You laid still, and pretended to be asleep while you listened to their conversation.

   "Cas is really starting to piss me off. He just dumped this chick on us with out so much as an explanation." You were pretty sure that was Dean talking, although you weren't for sure. You then heard heavy foot steps walking towards your bed, and another voice speak up

   "I know Dean, Cas is acting really weird, weirder than normal. And after all the angels fell it just seems even weirder." That had to be Sam talking now, you were sure of it. You felt two pairs of eyes watching you. "You know they ran her prints. They needed to identify her, so they could inform next of kin, and get medical records on her. She's not who she says she is." Sam said to Dean. What are they talking about. You thought, as you continued to fake sleep.

   "Well who is she then?" Dean asked, you could tell he was not happy that you had lied to them.

   "Her name is Rebecca Stone. She's twenty three, and from some small town in Texas. Oh and she has been missing, and presumed dead for three years." Sam sounded just as upset as Dean did.

   "Then why tell us that her name is y/n?" Dean questioned. They where mad at you, because they thought you and Castiel had been lying to them about who you are. Technically you had not lied to them, your name really is y/n. But now they thought you where Rebecca.

   Your vessel Rebecca was nearly dead when you found her. She was in her apartment laying on the kitchen floor beaten and bloody, courtesy of her boyfriend. This was not the first time he had done this to her, although it had never been this sever. Her right leg was broken in three places. Multiple ribs were broken, along with her left wrist. She was covered in lots of cuts and bruises. He had left her for dead.

   She would not last long, so you asked her if she would invite you in, you had promised that you would save her. She agreed, but not fast enough. By the time you had taken control of her body she was already dead, and there was nothing you could do about it, and you tried. Forgoing the reaper who would have collected her soul, you took her soul to heaven yourself. You felt bad for breaking your promise, she was a nice girl who deserved better.

   You never got over the fact that you could not save her, and you did not want to be reminded of the fact, which was exactly what the Winchesters had done. You decided that now was the time to wake up. You did not want to face the Winchesters, now that they thought you where lying to them, but you would have to anyway.

   You opened your eyes slowly, you were momentarily blinded by the intense light in the room before they adjusted. You slowly looked around you to find both Sam and Dean looking at you. "Hey guys." You said, your voice was a little rough from sleep. Sam looked at Dean, and seemed to have a silent conversation with him before turning back to you.

   "How are you feeling Rebecca?" Dean asked, he looked mad, and at the same time genuinely concerned about you.

   "What, why did you call me Rebecca, my names y/n." You replied, you tried to act like you did not know what was going on.

   "Cut the crap we know who you really are Rebecca." Dean replied he looked even madder at you now, because you were still lying to him.

   You did not want them to know that you use to be an angel, because you did not think they would react well to that. You had heard that they really did not get along with the angels, well except Castiel obviously. "Please don't call me that." You pleaded, "my name is y/n."

   That's not what your records say, your records say that your name is Rebecca Stone. Sam said, in a much calmer tone then Dean. He had a soft look in his eyes that melted your heart. It was obvious that he thought you were lying, but he wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt.

   "I don't go by Rebecca anymore. My name is y/n now." You said with a stubborn look on your face. You did not want your vessels name, it was hers not yours, you felt like it was disrespectful to use her name.

   Sam and Dean exchanged another glance before Sam spoke up again. "Y/n, why did you change your name." There it is the million dollar question, and you were not prepared to answer it.

   He sounded so sincere about it. It crushed your heart that you were going to have to lie to him. But lying seemed like a safer alternative to the truth. Especially given Deans current mood.

"I um... I got into some trouble about three years ago. I almost died, Castile saved me, and I... I changed my name." You said in a soft voice looking down at your hand. It was a terrible, and flimsy lie, but it was the best you could come up with at the time.

   You officially hated lying to Sam. It killed you to see him so easily believe the lie, you wanted to tell him the truth, but you were to scared.

   Dean spoke up next. "Must have been pretty bad if ya gotta change your name." He joked. You guessed he felt bad for getting mad at you, and was trying to lighten the mood by brushing it off as a joke.

   "I'm sorry about whatever happened to you y/n. " Sam said in a small voice, he looked a little sad, but for the life of you you could not understand why. He had no idea what had "happened" to make you change your name. You barely gave them any information at all, yet he felt bad for you.

   Straightening up despite the pain it caused you you replied. "It's ok, I just don't want to talk about it." Which was true you hated what had happened to your vessel, and the fact that you were lying about it. Clearing your throat you changed the subject. "So um when can we leave? I don't like it here."

   "I'll go sign you out so we can leave." Dean said before turning on his heel and walking out. Leavening you and Sam alone in the room.

Sorry this chapter is not all that good. I just wanted to give, a bit of a background for y/n's vessel.