; 1 ;

[edited 1/13/18]

Michael chewed nervously on his already chapped lips, his eyes staring intensely at his pastel pink converse that lightly scuffed against the concrete sidewalk he walked on. His lilac hair was a little messier than it normally would have been as he picked at the matching pastel pink nail polish that adorned his nails. They had just been painted the night before while he was over at his best friend's house but it was already ruined and half worn away.

It was his first day at this new school of his, the one that his longtime best friend was going to. It turns out, there were more people at his old school who were unaccepting of Michael for who he was than he had thought.

With his pretty clothes and makeup and his flamboyant personality, it was just a little too much for those who he had came to know at his old school. Calum, his best friend, had always told him how accepting his school was and finally, Michael had convinced his parents to let him switch schools. They weren't complete assholes and they weren't just going to sit around and let their only son get picked on.

So there Michael was, standing in front of the large school doors while his heart hammered against his ribcage. Michael wondered if anybody else could hear the steady thumping of his anxiety. What if Calum was wrong and people were not accepting of him? What if he didn't look good enough to meet the standards that were set for him here? What if, what if, what if... They all swam through his cluttered and sidetracked mind as a few students grumbled, pushing by him. Though they were polite, as if they hadn't yet realised that he was a boy.

Eventually, the feminine boy makes his way inside, pulling his thin sweatshirt closer to his body. It was borderline winter where he lived and therefore closer to Christmas. In the US, his accent made him stand out enough; but he as a person and what he looked like made him stand out like a sore thumb.

People in the halls gave him a double take, eyes widening once they saw that he was a boy. They looked him up and down, curious eyes roaming around but trying to not be obvious - although they totally were.

And to his delight, nobody picked on him.

In fact, all of the attention Michael received made him feel even more confident than ever. You could tell that he felt as confident as he looked, a little strut and swing to his hips. Michael had this quirky little smile on his face that made others seem to smile a little as well. Though they were off put by the way he dressed, they quickly got used to it and felt comfortable around the boy.

As a kid, Michael didn't get much attention unless he was dressed like a "boy" should dress. That was his childhood. Barely any attention lead to him becoming rather addicted to the attention that he had never received as a kid.

So Michael fed off of it, craved the attention and he can't help it.

Although he received attention and he loved it, Michael wasn't expecting anything flirtatious at this school to happen - not right away at least. Oh god he loved it and drank it up like it was water. The one nuisance he could have done without was Luke. Luke Hemmings. A straight fuck boy. It was sweet and innocent until it spiraled into something else.

Michael had been leaning against his locker, completely lost in thought as his fingers played with the fish netting under his ripped skinny jeans. The elastic band of the fish netting was up to just below his ribcage but you wouldn't be able to see that unless you lifted up his tight Metallica shirt that ended just above his jean's waistband. All the dark colors made his pastel pinks and purples seem out of place; Michael didn't mind.

It was safe to say that he was lost, very lost. He had no idea which way to go and no idea where the class. With wide does eyes, pinky pouty lips, and soft pale skin, he looked utterly lost as well. Michael jumped whenever he heard a loud noise or when somebody brushed against him. The jumpiness had been developed over the years of people teasing and poking at him, getting physical some days when he looked too "girly".