🏈Peter🏈

10 years after- 2019

As the restaurant manager put a sign in the door notifying the population of New York City that they would be closing early today, Peter drew a sigh of relief. 

At least I won't be recognized here, he thought. 

As the majority of the staff left the establishment, leaving only the chef, one waitress and the maitre d, Peter was shown to his table. 

"She should be here any minute" Peter told the man for the hundredth time. "She has shoulder length brown hair, and just... gorgeous blue eyes. The color of the pacific ocean. Have you ever seen the pacific ocean? Then you know what I mean. She's beautiful- you'll know her when you see her." 

As the host bowed graciously, as if he were royalty, Peter felt slightly embarrassed at how he had rambled on about Olivia. He hadn't seen her in almost a month since she interviewed him-and before that it had been almost 9 years.

Yet somehow, he had never gotten over her. And it pleased him to realize, Olivia hadn't settled down, so perhaps she wasn't over him either. 

Peter looked at the clock- he had arrived somewhat early to make sure the restaurant was ready and the date would go on as planned. He had certainly paid enough for it to.  By the current time, Olivia should arrive any minute and Peter was nervous.

Peter had to acknowledge that they both had changed. It had really been the summer before college since he had been on a proper date with Olivia. After that, Peter started at the University of Wisconsin on a football scholarship and Olivia went to NYU to study journalism. It was obvious to the young couple that their lives were going in two completely different directions and after only a month, they amicably decided to break up with no hard feelings. 

Their lives became so busy that they simply had no time for long distance relationships. They had been friends on social media until Peter's career exploded and he disabled all forums-never sure who he could trust. He had no clue where Olivia's life had taken her until the interview.

"Ah, you must be Olivia White, yes?" Peter heard the door open and the man speak. He quickly stood up and straightened his blazer.

"Oh, yes." Peter heard her say as she walked in. "How did you-" Her eyes landed on Peter and she laughed slightly before The maitre d walked her over to the table and escaped to the kitchen.

"I should have known, Peter Jacobs. You always were one for theatrics." Olivia said as Peter kissed her cheek and helped her sit down. She was more stunning than ever in her low-cut, little black dress. She was tasteful and sexy all at once and Peter had to sit down as she crossed her legs confidently.

"Theatrics?" Peter laughed, trying to gather his wits. "I have no idea what you mean." 

"Oh yes you do." She smirked "Do you remember that date, senior year, down by the lake? You paid that Jackson kid 50 bucks to carve our initials out of cheese and smuggled beer from your dad's cooler!" 

"We're from Wisconsin! What's more romantic than cheese and beer? Not to mention I was only, like, 17." Peter and Olivia laughed for a minute before placing their drink orders. 

"I was sorry to hear about your father. Bill was always so nice to me. He was a good man." Olivia said softly. 

Peter nodded and thanked her. His father had died 3 months ago of lung cancer and had been brought up in most interviews Peter had done, due to the notorious photograph that went around the world. Him and his father hugging after being reunited back in 2009. 

"I appreciated the fact that you didn't bring it up during the interview." Peter said. "Most people did." 

"I'm not most people." Olivia said, sipping her wine.