14

Berwald's POV

I looked around my office, sensing that something was off. Seeing nothing unusual, I went back to the massive amount of paperwork on my desk.

A few minutes later, the unsettling feeling came back. I looked around again before my eyes caught on the picture of Tino and I at the park.

My Tino senses are tingling.

Tino's POV

I was sitting on the couch knitting more tiny hats, my only source of income at the moment, and heard the front door open. I turned around, seeing Berwald walk in and shake the snow out of his blonde hair.

"Ber? What are you doing home so early?" I asked sweetly, hoping he wouldn't notice my nervousness. His eyes were locked on my sniper's display case, narrowing a little bit as he then looked at me.

"Ok, ok! You caught me! Lukas wasn't leaving Emil alone so I stopped him and he might've passed out a little bit ago... I'm sorry," I rambled, dropping the finished hat onto the floor and cowering behind a pillow.

I heard a sigh and heavy footsteps coming over to the couch, whining as the pillow was pulled away. He sat down next to me and wrapped his arms around my large waist, leaning down and putting his cheek against my stomach.

He suddenly flinched away and held his cheek in shock, reaching back down and touching where his face once was.
I giggled as the baby kicked him again, seeing a little smile appear over his shock.

"Strong just like their dad," I whispered, placing my hand over his. He blushed a little bit, a very rare thing to happen, and leaned over to kiss me.

"I love you Ber," I whispered, nuzzling my forehead against his cheek. "Love ya too," he said, pulling me against him.

We sat on the couch together for a while, just cuddling and enjoying the silence. He had been working a lot lately, our only current source of income. I was selling a few things I had been making as usual, but that isn't enough to do much help.

Emil works at a small bookstore downtown, just recently helping to support their family while I can't work.

Mathias didn't have a job, he usually just played with legos, annoyed Lukas, or hung out with Gilbert and Alfred. How those two had time to be with him still confuses me since they have their own children to look after.

Lukas didn't have a paying job, but he works as a volunteer at the local library. He usually brings home lots of books and some movies for us to watch together, who knew he was into such cheesy movies?

I slowly drifted off to sleep, Berwald shifting so we were more comfortable. I sighed in content and cuddled closer to him. He pet my hair slowly, pulling me closer to sleep.

"G'night Tino."