Tom Holland-Chorus

Imagine you, an American who moved to London at as 11 when her mom got married to an English man, and going to school at Paddy's school in your senior year and he joins choir so his family goes to the concerts. You're shy but you love singing and always have a solo every concert, or at least try it for the parts. Also you're a geek and love marvel ofc.

"There's too many songs to choose from" I groan to my best friend, Macy.

"You already have a solo in like two of your class songs do you need anything else?" Someone passes by.

"Yes actually she does. A lot of college people are coming to see what she can do and she might have opportunities for good schools" Macy says and the kid shrugs before walking off.

"Thanks" I smile and look through the book.

"I could do Candles" I suggests and she nods.

"Or Valerie. You're very good at that song" she suggests and I nod.

"There's so many possibilities" I sigh.

"What about Don't Rain On My Parade?" Someone suggests and I look up to see a man I've never seen before.

"Oh sorry, I'm Winston Wilson. I'm from the State University of New York at Oswego. Also knowing as dc SUNY Oswego." He says and I quickly stand.

"Oh! I'm Y/N L/N! Pleasure to meet you" I say and shake his hand.

"American. Moved here when you were 11. I've dont me research. I think that song would fit your voice very well. I'll be looking forward to the concert" he smiles before walking off.

"Macy did you see that?" I ask excitedly and she laughs, nodding.

"Guess you're doing that song?" She asks and I nod.

"If I can nail it" I say and start writing it down.

_____

"Don't tell me not to live just sit and putter.
Life's candy and the sun's a ball of butter. Don't bring around a cloud to rain on my parade" I sing, seeing Macy in the corner of my eye off stage, giving a thumbs up.

"No body is gonna rain on my parade!" I sing out at the end, panting for breath when I'm done as a smile makes it's way on my face as everyone starts clapping and some stand. I give a small bow before putting the microphone up and walking off stage.

"Was that alright? Do you think I'll get a college that wants me?" I whisper to Macy and she nods.

"Did you not just see all those people cheering? You're definitely getting one" she says and I smile.

We finish off the last chorus concert of the year, and the last ever for the seniors, me included.

"Could all the seniors step forward?" Our chorus teacher, Mrs. Wilson, asks and we all make our way to the front. There's seven of us.

"You seven. You guys stuck with choir since 7th grade when I first got here, so it was kinda like you were here from the beginning" she says and I feel myself tearing up.

"This is the end of high school for you all but I know you'll do amazing things with your lives" she says and hands the microphone to Mark.

"I am Mark Hamilton and I will be attending the University of Oxford" he says and we all clap as he passes the microphone.

"I am Shania Wagner and I have no clue what I'm doing with my life" she says and we all laugh and clap. I wipe under my eyes carefully not to mess the makeup up.

They continue until it gets to macy beside me.

"I'm Macy Clark and I will be attending the University of Berklee, hopefully with my best friend" she says looking at me before passing the microphone to me.

"Thanks for putting me on the spot like that" I laugh.

"I am Y/N L/N and I am undecided" I say and pass the microphone back down.

"And now Y/N L/N would like to give a speech to her fellow seniors, but before she does I have something to say. Ya know, when Y/N first came to my class those years ago she was the shyest thing ever. She was worried that her voice wouldn't be good enough. She was passionate about music that's for sure. She was in all the musical, participated in everything, she was a good kid. She still is. She helps the younger kids, she helps the upperclassmen, she helps me, lord knows I need help with all these kids" she jokes and I sniffle, smiling as everyone laughs.

"I hope you get into the university you want. I know you're going to be great" she says before handing the microphone to me. I smile sadly and she hugs me. I hug back, tears coming out a bit. I quickly wipe ten and bring the microphone to my mouth.

End of Part 1