What are you Thinking?

*Mitch's POV*

He's been holding me like this for half an hour now. I wonder if he... no, he wouldn't. He doesnt like you, Mitch, not like that. He's just a REALLY nice friend. After a long silence, Scott finally spoke up. "Hey, maybe we should get you to bed. You look exhausted." It took all my strength to muster the word "ok." The truth was, I didn't want to get up. I didn't want to leave his warm arms. "C'mon, let's go." He wrapped his arm around my waist, and led me down the hall. I wanted that moment to last forever. I never wanted him to stop hugging me. "Here we are."I sat down on my neatly made bed, staring at the floor. " Try to get some sleep, ok?" I nodded my head. Scott left and closed the door behind him

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

*Scott's POV*

'I wish every night could be like this.' I thought to myself 'I wish I could cradle Mitch like that, keep him safe every day.'

♡ 30 minutes later ♡

I can still hear Mitch crying. He needs some company... and some ice cream. I ran to the store and bought Mitch a pint of Ben & Jerry's Cookie Dough ice cream. I know thays his favorite. When I returned to our house, I grabbed 2 spoons and a blanket. I snuck into his room, and wasnt surprised to see him still awake. He was lying on his back, staring at the celing. He had tear stains on his face. "Hey, Mitch?" He sprung up, startled. I guess he hadn't heard me enter. "I have a surprise for you. " I pulled out the ice cream from behind my back. He suddenly looked less sad, but still too depressed to crack his beautiful smile. I knew ice cream wouldn't fix everything, but it would at least give me an excuse to spend a little more time with him. I sat down across from him on gis bed, and we both started eating some of the ice cream. After a long, awkward silence, Mitch whispered the words "thank you" to me. "No problem, thats what friends are for." after we finished eating, we both kinda just sat there. I couldn't stop thinking. Thinking about how beautiful Mitch looked in the low light of his bedroom. Thinking about how I wanted him to be mine. SOOO bad. Thinking about how much of a jackass Dylan was. "Hey, Mitch, can I tell you something?" He looked up at me eagerly. SHIT. What have I done? Wow, Scott, you've REALLY done it now. What were you thinking? You cant tell him that you like him! "I.... uhhh..." Say SOMETHING! "I... uh.. I will always be here for you." He looked back at me, slightly disappointed. "Oh, thanks, bro." What did THAT mean? Did he expect me to say something else? Did he WANT me to say something else? Does he feel the same way about me as I feel about him? Ugh. What am I thinking? You're his best friend! JUST his best friend. "I'm gonna go get some sleep." I said, trying to break the stiffness in the room. " Yeah. Me too, I guess." Mitch responded. I awkwardly backed out of the room, and collapsed on our couch.