VI.

WAITING GAME | VI.
(' PURPLE WEDDING ')

RAYA SAT NEXT TO TOMMEN disinterested as people presented Joffrey with gifts

RAYA SAT NEXT TO TOMMEN disinterested as people presented Joffrey with gifts. It was a boring affair and to make matters worse, Sansa was there and wouldn't spare Raya as much as a second glance. She had almost fallen asleep when her mother nudged her shoulder.

"Show some respect," Cersei muttered.

"Why should I? He's never shown me any respect," Raya muttered.

Her attention then shifted to the sword bought over from Ser Meryn. Her grandfather stood up and Raya rolled her eyes as Joffrey looked up at him excitedly.

"One of the three Valyrian swords in the capital, freshly forged in your honor," Joffrey practically jumped out of his seat and ran over to the sword, unsheathing it. He tossed and waved it around like a fool.

"Be careful Your Grace," Maester Pycelle said, "Nothing cuts like Valyrian steel."

"So, they say," Joffrey said before chopping up the book Tyrion had given him minutes ago. Raya's eyes widened in horror as he repeatedly brought the sword down on the book, shaping it into tiny pieces. Raya looked over at the other end of the table where her uncle looked furious and Sansa looked shocked.

"Such a great sword should have a name," he looked at Raya, "What should I call her?"

People began to shout names as Joffrey stared at her with his new 'toy,' as if he were trying to intimidate her. Did he know she also had one and could wield it several times better than Joffrey ever could?

"Widow's Wail," Joffrey settled, "I like it." He began to put the sword away, "Every time I use it, it'll be like cutting Ned Stark's head off, all over again."

Raya let out a heavy breath as anger began to flood through her veins. Sansa may be mad at her, but she still felt the need to protect her. Raya's eyes followed Joffrey as he took his seat. Everyone at the table was silent.

The wedding ceremony was not too much later. Raya couldn't deny that Margaery looked beautiful in her wedding dress, but not as beautiful as Sansa did and she wasn't even the bride. It made Raya wonder was she fully sober that night, when she kissed Margaery, because only a drunk fool would betray Sansa. Even if she and her uncle had consummated their marriage, it wasn't like Sansa had wanted to.

Raya did slightly cringe when Margaery kissed her brother. She believed that she would have cringed, had it been Margaery or any other woman. Everyone in the Sept began to clap. They wanted a fruitful and prosperous marriage for their king.

"We have a new queen," Raya heard Sansa mutter bitterly from behind her. She turned and was met with the hard glare of Sansa's blue eyes. She looked at her a moment before turning around and sighing. As they were leaving, Raya walked up to Sansa and grabbed her arm, and dragged her away from the joyful crowd.