Romantic Persuasions

•••

Two whole weeks later, I walked into the café and there she was, all radiant and bright. Gosh, I had missed her! I sat down at a table a few tables away from her. I knew I wanted to talk to her. And thank God, the café was quite empty. It was a bit too early for the horde of coffee addicts to make their entrance.

I waited until her coffee arrived. And then, I waited for her check. When her check was on the table, I walked up to her. My throat was lumpy and tight. Each step I took only made my walk to her feel further away. But I walked on. The café was empty. No harm. I could always change my hangout if she slaps me. What was I thinking, dammit!

“Hey, you can’t run away from me today. You’ve got to get your check”, I quirked.

“What?” She exclaimed before she realized she actually replied.

“I said you can’t just avoid me like this, you know…”

“What are you talking about?”

“Can I sit down with you?”

“No, you can’t.”

“Oww… c’mon, just for a minute, okay?”

“No”

She took out her wallet, and wanted to dart. I couldn’t help getting mesmerized by her voice, but there were more pressing things at hand. I had to talk to her.

To cut a long jittery conversation short, I convinced her to talk to me for a few minutes.

And that’s when everything started breezing through. We started talking, and the minutes stretched on at a really fast pace.

I got to know so much about her,
I got to know her name was
' Anika Sharma' -
Anika, Such a Beautiful Name just like her .
Oh! What a Coincidence,
She also Belongs from Mumbai, India.
Her Fashion Designer and Owner of London's Most Popular Boutique,
She loves using Weird Hindi Words whenever She is Angry and Happy.
and I also got to know that she had a great sense of humor.
We had a great time talking to each other, and soon, she said she had to go, as it was getting late for her.

We exchanged numbers and I asked her if we could “bump in” again tomorrow. She just smiled and walked away.

Sigh! It was bliss. As I stared at her walk away, my eyes were distracted by an alphabet bracelet she had forgotten behind.
It said “Life is a Surprise”.
Wow! Maybe that was true. I slipped the bracelet into my pocket.

•••