Part 2: Charity

Everyone has unique potential. Everyone is capable of having such kindness and joy in their hearts that a genuine smile radiates with warmth and love from their face . The vast majority of society is self-absorbed, selfish, and only wants what's best for they, themselves. They are either ignorant and care too much about themselves, the way a person is supposedly taking advantage of them, and even the lies they tell themselves that other people are talking or thinking about them. There is only an extremely few, a rare gem, that surpasses this human stereotype. We are so concerned with presenting our best self to society; it's almost like we think this world is about us. That in a perfect world, the world revolves around us. We are vain. We are selfish. We are self-righteous. We are proud . We care too much about ourselves that very seldom do we realize the profound truth that life is never about us. We even cringe at that statement. We think we know best.
*************************************
        Jane Daniels was a perfect example of this statement. She had everything she could ever want, parents who loved her, a house over her head, good foot to eat at meal times. But she wasn't content. In fact, she was one of the meanest girl in her town, even though she was only eight years old. If someone thought she was wrong, she was more than willing to fight for what she knew was right. No one was dare mean to her because they knew she would practically burn them alive with what she had to say. She could see through flaws like no ones business, and she could easily pinpoint your innermost insecurities, making sure that if you were sensitive enough, she could make you cry. And she wasn't remorseful at all. She knew that nobody could touch her. She would not let anyone hurt her. She never let anyone take advantage of her. She lied when the purpose was simply to advance her . She knew how to manipulate teachers with tears. She was an excellent actor, and she was almost successful in fooling herself.
*************************************Lucy was the opposite. Lucy was only five year old when she had been admitted into the orphanage. She was now eleven, and the world was a dark, grimn place. She hadn't yet been as corrupted as an adult, but she still couldn't stop this bitterness from welling up in her. She, alone, had to find water and food for the longest time. She had ran away from the orphanage when she was only eight because they mistreated her and starved her severely. The only thing that kept her alive for this long was her love of books. The orphanage had a small library that Lucy would sometimes spend days in at a time, despite getting mocked by some of the older, crueler children. If she was ever caught in the library when she was supposed to be doing chores, such as cleaning the bathrooms, scrubbing the floors, and sometimes preparing the good, she would get scolded severely. Her love of books had helped her be able discern what type of plants she could eat and which were poisonous. She had also stolen a bag and a few of her favorite books (the Chronicles of Narnia and Pollyanna) to keep her company on the trip. Since she had no adult to look to in her life, her books had been her teachers. Her books taught her how to have courage, how to be kind, and how to have hope. She leaned that she should be kind to everybody even if they were mean to her. She learned to admit when she was wrong. She taught herself how to learn from her mistakes. She learned that she must not be proud, but also be humble. She learned that she was intelligent, but she also learned not to brag. She learned that it was okay to cry, but to not be depressed. She learned that kind people were happier than mean ones. She learned how to stand up for the truth, but also to obey. She felt that the only thing left to learn was her birth parents' identities. Her dream was to be able to locate her birth parents and return to them. She just knew that they loved her and wanted her. She just knew that they were not dead. Lucy felt it in her heart. She had made a temporary home for herself in the woods. Sometimes she got afraid of snakes and wild cats, but she had taught herself how to identify poisonous snakes and stay clear of them, and had never in her life seen a panther. She figured the wildcats were probably shy and that was fine with her. She wondered what her parents were like. She hoped they had a good house. She only knew her mother's name was Charity and her father's name was David. Lucy knew the meaning of charity was "love." So, she just knew her mom was a lovable person and that surely she would love her. She had managed to find out she was born in Chicago by stealing her birth certificate, and had set out to find out the truth about her parents .