I

The clock ticked and tocked, hands working furiously as if to speed up time and get class dismissed. The clicking sound was monotone and calming. If you close your eyes, even for a second, it could soothe you to a deep slumber. It was so welcoming, reaching to embrace you...

"Hey, Hyungseok." Jinsung slid into the seat next to his friend and flung himself around his neck. "Do you have any plans after school? I thought he could go to an arcade or something."

"Hmm?"

Hyungseok can barely make out Jinsung's face with his blurred vision. Rest wasn't a pleasure he could satisfy or enjoy even with his head groggily pounding. Maybe sleep couldn't claim him, but he would take any chance to close his eyes and empty everything from his mind. Voices, rumors, yelling, beating, mockery, this high school Hell could miraculously be channeled into a mild buzz. Stifling a yawn, he turned his attention back to his company and pondered a bit.

"Nah. Sounds nice, but I have other stuff to attend to. Maybe you could go with Mijin," Hyunseok suggested with carelessness and feigned ignorance to the obvious attraction. It earned him blooming crimson chrysanthemums on Jinsung's cheeks. Smirking and wiggling his eyebrows teasingly, he snickered and ruffled his schoolmate's hair after giving a playful nudge. In turn, he growled and smacked Hyungseok's hand. Immediately after, however, he scanned the classroom to find Mijin's eyes staring at him with slight disapproval. Hastily, he massaged his victim's palm and apologized, oblivious to the fact that she was grinning at how much power and influence she had over him. Jinsung was a fighter at heart, but he gradually grew soft and welcoming due to the effect Mijin had over him. It was quite a sight to see, a brute boxer become so weak to his romantic fantasies. Although, if you let that get to your head, it would end up being pummeled by swift knuckles.

Patting him on the back, Hyungseok signaled Jinsung to ask her. Nodding in confirmation, he decided to take his classmate's two cents and practiced his proposal under his breath. A slow grin took its place on Hyunseok's mouth before he went to rest a bit before leaving. His breathing matched the pace to the clock's seconds. Tick, in. Tock, out. Something gently pushed his shoulder. Tick, in. Tock, out. Somehow finding enough energy, he shoved back and grumbled. Tick, in. Tock, out. It didn't seem to understand that he wasn't really active at the moment. Tick, in. Tock, out. Consistency and strong-will can be great aspects to a person, but it was not such an amazing thing at the moment. Perhaps if he stayed silent, it would eventually let him be in his tranquilness. Tick, in. Tock, out.

"Hyungseok...."

It was a light, airy sound with a bit of a rough edge to it. It wrapped itself around his ear and tempted him into comforting sleep. Soft, graceful fingers, with caution, weaved its way through his hair, toying with the ends. The gesture spread a feeling of peace. Hyungseok's mind tapped out and threw out his worries. He wished to stay like this forever, letting the unknown entity take care of him as he slept. At least, for a little while....

Then he snapped. No, he mustn't less he wanted to pick up his limp body later. Scanning the classroom, he came to see that the crowded students had dispersed into mere dust floating in the air, vacant and quiet except for an accompanying quiet breath and aura of fear and guilt. Turning his head towards it, he came to see an apologetic Jaeyeol bowing down furiously, keeping his face covered with his hands.

"Ah! No need to worry, Jae, I was just a little tired. Stop it, I needed to get up and going anyway. You were actually a help; I should be the one saying sorry." Hyungseok attempted to reassure him. No words had escaped his lips, but Hyungseok just knew what he was meaning to say. Sometimes they passed inaudible conversations. It was as there was an invisible connection between them. Through this tufts of hair, Jaeyeol bore his covered eyes into his friend's. Hyungseok was taken back.