Chapter Eleven.

"BE CAREFUL WITH THOSE, THEY'RE EXPLOSIVE

"BE CAREFUL WITH THOSE, THEY'RE EXPLOSIVE."

Finn snapped his head up, almost losing his grip on the metal ball he currently held. He looked at his brunette companion with wide eyes.

"Why didn't he tell us that sooner?" Finn whispered to his friend in question, who let out a small laugh at his sudden distraught, before continuing to pack their bags.

Rey snapped her head up when she heard the voice of General Leia, and watched from afar as the general and Han Solo exchanged bittersweet pleasantries.

"Promise you'll bring her home. She's family, Han," she heard Leia tell the taller man.

"I won't let anything happen to her," he promised before pulling his wife into a tight hug, like he hadn't seen her in decades.

As this all played out before her, Rey reminisced the conversation she had shared with Han Solo only hours ago. They had been standing on the edge of the river by Maz Kanata's castle when Han commended Rey on her mechanic skills from the time she had fixed the Millennium Falcon, something he didn't do much. Then he had offered her a job; to be a part of his crew and she could go anywhere she liked.

She must admit, the offer had been tempting, but once all of this was over—once she got Arabella back—she would have to go back to Jakku. She didn't want to go back, for she knew she would be forever in debt to Unkar Plutt for stealing a ship, but she had to. Arabella had been the one to tell her family was the most important part of life. Rey had to go back home and wait for her family to return, despite what Maz Kanata had told her about her family never coming back.

To be frank, she didn't even know if her parents were still alive. They had to be, she realised. They wouldn't have just left her on Jakku without saying goodbye if they weren't going to meet again.

That's how the girl knew this wasn't the end; they never said goodbye.

______

Arabella hid behind the door, with an old-looking pipe she had pulled out of the wall clutched tightly to her chest. She hung onto it for dear life and counted her breathing, trying to stay calm, as the sounds of the oncoming footsteps grew louder.

The large metal doors slid open and Arabella waited until the soldier dressed in the classic white stormtrooper uniform had entered the room. He seemed to notice that Kylo's torture chair was empty of the girl, but before he could call General Hux up about the matter, Arabella lunged at the man, striking him atop his head with the heavy pipe she held.

The solider fell limp, hitting the cool floor with a loud thud. Arabella quickly looked down the hall in case someone had heard, but to her delight, found it to be empty.

The girl wasted no time, she dragged the soldier behind the large chair, out of sight, and stole his blaster gun. She kicked him for good measures, just to make sure he would stay unconscious, before carefully tiptoeing out of the room, down the hall.