Chapter One

(A/N)

Hey there:) Ugh first chapter of this fanfic, I'm not used to this, so it was really hard to write omg:o Anywaysss, enjoy !

Sherlock P.O.V.

I stalked into my dormitory, slamming the door behind me with my foot, after struggling through five laborious hours of bumbling idiots and self obsessed girls desperately trying to catch my attention, and then a meeting with the headmaster about the fact that no matter how much my parents paid for my isolation, I was to have a roommate in less than a week. I sighed and kicked my shoes off, collapsing onto my bed and rubbing my hands over my exhausted face, before reaching down and picking up my current novel, carefully removing the bookmark and losing myself in the thick blue covered book which I had finished before my free period was over. Collecting up everything I needed for my next two hours, I ran my free hand through my already tousled black curls, and marched out of the door to advance to my own personal hell. As expected, as soon as I had walked through the door, I was met with the cold, mocking eyes of Sebastian Moran, with his small army of idiots. I resisted the urge to roll my eyes, and settled with my trademark smirk, closing my door with a soft bang, and striding towards my next class with them trailing behind me, probably muttering about the best way to embarrass me, as always, it was a wasted conversation.

John P.O.V.

I looked at my father with utter hatred as I saw him stumble, drunk, out of the room whilst holding my unconscious mother in my arms. There was blood trickling from the many places where he had lashed out at her, and although she needed an ambulance, that would ensure that as soon as she arrived home from the hospital, she would be returning not long after, and besides, I would do for now. She was the main reason I began studying medicine, and thankfully my ignorant father did not make the connection between the two, and almost approved of my choice in career, or as close as he ever came to approval. However, as I began to learn more, I realised how much I enjoyed it, so it was a win-win situation all around, excluding the fact that I started off for all the wrong reasons.

I cleaned all of my mother's wounds gently, picking pieces of glass out of some, small fragments of gravel out of others. In a way, it was lucky that she was unconscious for now, as if she was not, this would be hurting her. A lot, in fact, considering the deep purple bruises that had began to form around each puncture, tear, graze or mark on her otherwise flawless skin. I bandaged the more serious, while carefully sticking plasters over the manageable ones. I picked her frail form up off of the sofa and carried her to her bed, kissing her cheek as I turned to leave. "John.." I heard her whisper.

I turned around and knelt beside her, holding her hand and gently massaging the back of it. "Yes?"

"You need to leave this house, I couldn't bear it if this.." She gestured to her bruised and beaten body- "Were to happen to you."

"What do you mean?" I was confused. She needed me to stay and look after her! My sister was no use, she came home most nights with a bottle in one hand, and a new girlfriend in another. In all honesty, though, I'd probably have been the same if I had been older when my father started drinking.

"Im going to send you away to boarding school near London, where you'll be safe. Your father will agree, as they offer well rounded education, including sports, which you know he loves."

"But, Mum...You need me to look after you!"

"I'll be fine, not having to worry about you will stop me stressing so much, and you deserve a break from all of this."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive. I expect you to be packing for the next few days!"

Smiling at her, I hugged her as carefully as I could, and walked to my bedroom across the landing where I lay on the bed. I was imagining boarding school life and watching the faded blue walls as I sunk into an unrestful sleep.