Chapter Seventeen

"We cannot find him."

Asibiaashi looked away from the spiraling mist that was escaping the fountain that stood before her. A low level phantom was bowed to the ground, her golden hair scattered around her.

"You cannot find one of your own?"  Asibiaashi asked.

"O-Ozar isn't the same as us. He's much too powerful."

Asibiaashi nodded, "He dares to escape his punishment?"

"He knows you've sent the Drifters after him," the phantom said. Her body was fading in and out of being translucent, which was an indicator of her rank. Ozar never faded which was proof of his strength.

"He must think he's more powerful than I am."

"No! You are the most powerful of us all. Ozar might be hurt or-"

"Do not defend him. He has stolen from me once more. He must purposely want to sap my strength."

"That's impossible. You are the only one that is powerful."

Asibiaashi leaned over the female phantom and dug her hand through the phantom's back. A piercing scream echoed around them until the feathers of the dream catcher shook.

"I want you to let the Drifters know I've rescinded my order to bring him back alive. I want Ozar nearly dead."

Asibiaashi pulled back her hand which was covered in a silver ooze and the phantom gasped before her body fell to the ground in a quivering heap.

"I will have Ozar punished."

"Yes," the phantom's voice was thin and almost inaudible.

"In the meantime, it appears I'll have to take care of these humans myself."

"It's dangerous."

Asibiaashi grinned, "For them, yes."

She stared back at the fountain to see an image of a man confined to a hospital bed. He was in a coma but because of Ozar touching him, this human was stealing her dreams.

"What will you do?" the phantom asked, still struggling to hide her pain.

Asibiaashi dipped a finger into the water and whirled the image around until it was too distorted to make out. The corner of her mouth turned up, "Kill him, of course."