Chapter 27

Jack's POV

I woke up in (Y/n)'s bed. The sky outside was a beautiful orange color, meaning it was sunset. I heard the front door close.
(Y/n) must have left.

I sat up and thought about everything that had happened to us. When I left her at the store and she almost killed herself because of it. Because of me. Because of my stupid mistake.

The joy in her eyes when I proposed. How happy she was. The moment I wanted her to never leave me. Then she did. But now we're happy again. Forever this time.

I smiled at the thought. I stood up and walked outside the house. I sat on the bench on the deck. I saw (Y/n) in the distance, walking towards KFC.

I smiled again, happy to finally see her again. She was the best thing to ever happen to me.

Then I thought about our first real kiss. The chicken fight at Michael's house. Laser tag. When Ken told everyone we were dating. (Y/n) climbing into my hotel bed and cuddling with me for the first time.

The video we made announcing our engagement. Then there was the video she made talking about moving back to LA and leaving me alone in England.

The night she left. (Y/n) left me because I made a mistake of asking for Amanda's help. I was such an idiot for not telling her when Amanda offered to help fix things between us.

"Jack?" Ethan's voice distracted me from my thoughts.

"Ethan. Hey." I smiled weakly at my friend.

"So, did you and (Y/n) fix things?" Ethan asked, sitting on the bench next to me.

"Yeah. We're actually going to get married and live here. I proposed again and she said yes... Again." I answered.

"I don't mean to make anything awkward between you and me, but I just wanted to tell you that I've always had a bit of a crush on (Y/n)..." Ethan said, surprising me.

"Really? I didn't know that." I said to myself mostly.

"I'm just glad that she's happy. Because without you, she was always sad. She never got out and did things by herself, Mark, Amy, Tyler, Catherine and I would always have to invite her places for her to go anywhere other than the store." Ethan said.

"Well, thanks for trying to keep her happy." I replied.

Suddenly, a car came out of nowhere and swerved through the street. Then we heard a screech, then a scream, then a crash.

We stood up quickly to see the car had hit a tree, but not before hitting something else.

"No." I ran towards the car, followed by Ethan. The driver got out of the car and saw that he hit someone: (Y/n).

I knelt on the ground next to (Y/n). Her eyes were closed. Please be alive. I started crying.

Ethan called an ambulance and the police. The siren blared, lights flashed, but nothing mattered except for her. As long as she was alive, that's what mattered to me. The only thing that mattered.

The next thing I knew, I was sitting on a chair in the hospital next to (Y/n)'s unconscious body with IVs sticking in her arms everywhere. Casts covering her right arm, leg and neck.

I'm so sorry.