Prologue: I'm the Narrator and You've Heard all the Rest

Weeks? Months? However long we'd spent training, and for what? I cling on to the squirming man beneath me, my teeth bared in anger and deep, seething hatred. William Beckett: leader of the vampire gang known as The Dandies. My creator. Pompous, arrogant, and bloodthirsty. In short: an asshole. I can feel people pulling at my legs, the cops dragging me away, but I cling on, hoping to drag the son of a bitch with me. Not that he'll be arrested.

As my fingers slide down his body, nails scraping, I catch sight of Father Charlie in the distance and sigh in relief. No eternal damnation today. The relief doesn't last long, however, as I'm on the ground in an instant, police batons pounding against me, beating me up into a foetal position on the floor. It hurts, the constant barrage of attacks, and I'm screaming and hissing at them to stop. They don't. Each blow burns, the weapons coated in garlic paste beforehand so as to injure vamps, and I'm struggling to keep my eyes open.

Blinking my eyelids once, I think back on the events of the battle, if you could even call it that. It was pathetic, really. I lost sight of the others long ago, Joe and Andy choosing to flank my sides while Patrick took the rear, and I'm suddenly confronted by my failure all over again. I failed them. All of them believed in me and I just lost. Despite my best efforts, I still couldn't win- still can't win- and it's getting harder and harder just to keep my eyes open. Whispering a silent apology to my friends and fellow hunters, I give in to the onslaught of the officers, and this time when I close my eyes I don't open them.

A/N: So, that was the first intro to my first ever story! Please feel free to say what you think & keep reading with the promise that it will (hopefully) get better. Any confusion you may have with the video / this prologue should probably be cleared up before you read any further, so please ask me any questions or visit the video's wiki at : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Little_Less_Sixteen_Candles,_a_Little_More_%22Touch_Me%22