no art this chapter, let me explain

okay so, I haven't drawn for real for over a week.

Which, by the way, is v v bad, not only since you lose practice, but you lose motivation and it can say a lot about what you're going through at the current time.

Okay so I did a drawing this morning, and it was gonna be Tyler Joseph's eyes, but I never finished it.

So here's what happens with art usually:

1: you see a great artist, or drawing, or multiple, and you get motivated.
2: you want to draw. Either you come up with something to draw at this stage or you can't think of anything so you lose motivation and quit.
3: if you came up with something, you begin to look for reference, or sometimes you draw from memory (right now, I can't stand drawing from memory, so I'm only drawing from reference if at all). If you don't find what reference you need, you lose motivation and quit.
4: you begin to draw the thing. You quickly realise how far out of your comfort zone the thing is, or you mess something up, or the anxiety of an impending mistake eats away at yoiu so your choices are to either power through with a drawing, knowing you could have done better, or quit.

As you can see, it is so so so easy to quit and so so hard to keep going.

Hence the reason you haven't gotten any quality art from me for awhile.

I don't know why I'm so bitter about it now. Art used to be so fun and easy and I just did it for fun but now it stresses me out so much and I can barely ever bring myself to do it.

Don't get me wrong, I love the satisfaction of a finished drawing and I love the attention and all that but honestly? It's so stressful and I hate it.

I'll say this: I don't want to quit art.

But it's getting harder and harder to keep it up.

If I didn't have art class in school I think I might actually give up.

I dunno, sorry for the shitty rant chapter, I'll try to post some actual art soon.

xokatie